Reaction score
...and the bulb is pointing too high and blinding people. Nearside lens is fine, it's the driver's. I have no experience with headlight clusters, but i know it'll be a right mare to replace if that's what's needed!? Is there a manual adjustment on them, or can i just change the motor for adjust??

I noticed the nearside had a bit of play in it when i changed the bulb, but the drivers side was pretty loose...as in the inside part of the unit, the bit that the bulbs clamp to with the reflectors.

Clueless!!
Cheers for any help!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have a spare unit at home, if I can dig it out i will check out how it works.

Reaction score
cheers fella. I've found an allen bolt on the back of the unit but am yet to play with it to find out what it does!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
First of all both my reflector units within the headlight are solid so if yours is pivoting on a point just below the indicator then I think you have a problem as I think it may have broken away from the motor assembly or maybe its jumped out of alignment.
The Allen but that you can see is on the top of the motor and yes maybe you can manually adjust it but if the reflector is not attached it won't have any effect. Had a quick go trying to remove but have run out of time.

Reaction score
thanks mate your a legend, i'll have a butchers as soon as i can, need to get it sorted before the dark nights set in....where the bloody hell has this year gone!? jeez

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Here are some pics I took that I couldn't upload last night.[attachment=1:3jcgxyz9]Trophy H'light 013.jpg[/attachment:3jcgxyz9]

This is the back of a drivers side unit, you can see in the first photo just to the right and below the hole that the motor fits into to control up and down. To the far right, the white cog, is the left to right movement.
The second picture shows the "motor hole" closely and inside you can see an upside down U shape that is where moor and reflector meet.

Attachments

• Trophy H\'light 013.jpg
    Trophy H\'light 013.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Trophy H\'light 014.jpg
    Trophy H\'light 014.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 45
Reaction score
That's superb fella, do you know if the motor actually clicks in a secure manner to that white plastic u shaped thing that is the reflector? Coz mine is SO loose, it's definately wobbling when i'm driving, passenger side is solid. Perhaps it's just come out, although the chances are slim, more likely broken. I've tried removing the headlight before but it won't budge, undo the bolt on top and yanking it doesn't shift it...seems like it's fixed underneath somehow??

I've also noticed the securing clip on the wiring to the motor has broken so the connection is iffy, but the motor is definately working after pushing it on firmly, but it'll need to be replaced.

thanks v.much!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The U shaped bit has a lip around it that the end if the motor goes under. I would be getting the motor off and hoping that it has just jumped out of place rather than the reflector being broken as there is know way of removing the headlight without taking off the bumper. There are two big mounting points left and right on the front and several underneath.

Reaction score
cheers fella, does the motor turn and lock into place? Had a little go at turning without it budging but didn't want to force it

Reaction score
FIXED IT!! Turn to unlock the motor, then held the unit still using a headlight bulb holder and angled the motor arm down to slide into the groove. Locked back in place and BINGO!!!!! Back in place. I must have disslodged it trying to get the cluster out a while back.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good stuff, that is exactly how I hoped (for you) it would pan out.