Reaction score
From looking through a few threads I understand a lot of people have upgraded to components in the Trophy, I have purchased a set of Rainbow items and would like to know how everyone has gone about wiring them in with minimal damage to the existing loom.

Thanks

R2TR

Reaction score
There are quite a lot of threads over on Cliosport covering this, the door speakers are easiest to get to. If you wish to just swap those out it is a few minutes work, the speaker covers just pull off with a bit of leverage around the edges.

I read that the top of the dashboard assembly needs to come off in order to properly access the tweeters but do not be wary of this, as it is just a few screws to take off according to the posts I read.

Search key phrases like 'tweeter removal' over on cliosport.net, and post back here if you need anything else. Good luck! :)

Reaction score
John

Thanks, I've searched all of the threads on cliosport, and can't find anything with the details I was after, I realise I could simply swap the existing tweeter and driver (tweeter just being a cap of the driver rather than a proper crossover) but I wanted to know what everyone had done here when fitting both the components and crossover.

R2TR

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. I am sure there are threads on a whole rewire also as I recall. From what I read, the option is to either put the crossover up under the dash or in the door. People wrote that wiring from the cabin through to the door was a bit of a PITA; with teh xover in the cabin - through to the door from the crossover onward to the door speaker (or assuming the crossover in the door, from the crossover back through the door to the tweeter).

That said, I also recall people saying not to bother trusting the stock wiring over about 50w of power anyway as it wasnt designed to carry that much.

I'm sure it can't be that difficult but I've not seen a step by step guide with pics either.

Reaction score
I've fitted some components with crossovers.

If your components have a separate crossover you need to use it, otherwise they'll sound crap, and you'll probably blow the tweeter.

If you want a direct replacement, then these should work nicely: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25 ... index.html

For the woofer I used the existing wires - connecting at the head unit location through an iso plug to avoid damaging the loom. This is not ideal in terms of sound quality, but I couldn't see an easy way into the doors.

For the tweeters, you can untwist the covers on the dash - just push and turn, and they pop out. Then you can fiddle the existing one out, and your new one in. Make sure you tape up the wires to the existing tweeter. Then you can drop your own wires down to the crossover hidden behind the dash.

You then need another wire tucked behind the dash from the crossover to the iso connector (for the woofer), and the final one between the crossover and your amp (or head unit?)

On the pre-facelift clio, you have to take the top of the dash off. I actually did take it off though, not too hard as long as you're careful to get all the screws. There's a guide here for the pre-facelift that is very similar: http://fubarnet.com/dashboard.html

Bit of a fiddle to get back in - remember which way you took it out (ie the angle, back 1st / front 1st etc). Taking it off does give you the opportunity to cure some rattles, but is probably not worth the saved fiddle of fitting tweeters with the dash in place.

Hope that helps, I know I spent a while searching for info on this.

Reaction score
^^ just wondering if you know if you can remove the dash (speedo) screen without doing all of that?

Reaction score
Well once the top of the dash is off you can remove the speedo quite easily. I can't think of a way you could do it without taking the dash top off. I'm not an expert though.