Reaction score
can any one help i have an engine warning light up, according to the book it is an exhaust gas monitor warning light. i was out driving in Edinburgh stopped for petrol when startded again light was up? car still appears to be running ok. book say take to dealer, anyone got any ideas before i do this. :cry:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
have you got an aftermarket exhaust?

Any other lights coming on?

Could be the O2 sensor.

Which number do you have?

Welcome to the site, btw. Register the car on the owners register to become an official Trophy Owner and get a free 3rd star :)

Reaction score
Standard exhaust, no other lights coming on. Small leak at joint front of cat. Is there any way of resetting?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
what do you mean by a small leak?

if it's a gap then it could be the gap causing the o2 sensor to register a fault. Either that or your o2 is faulty.

Similar issue with de cat pipes.

Reaction score
I've now got the same issue. I can't find any leaks but I did think the baffles were making a bit of noise in the centre silencer, could it actually be a noise coming from me cat that is causing this light to come on ? I take it as it's only emissions ligh I'm ok carrying on until I can get it into a garage ?

Reaction score
TBTrophy said:
Standard exhaust, no other lights coming on. Small leak at joint front of cat. Is there any way of resetting?

The leak will be the problem, o2 sensor will be getting erratic readings caused by some gases escaping, and so flagging up a fault

Reaction score
Berty said:
I've now got the same issue. I can't find any leaks but I did think the baffles were making a bit of noise in the centre silencer, could it actually be a noise coming from me cat that is causing this light to come on ? I take it as it's only emissions ligh I'm ok carrying on until I can get it into a garage ?

I guess the noise could come from the cat if it is starting to break up inside - sometimes cats collapse in on themselves causing a restriction, which causes lack of power and other running problems

If it sounds like coming from that area, get it booked in before your warranty expires

Reaction score
Cheers for that, Saturday or Monday will get it in hopefully. I'm slightly disappointed that I was all set up for getting a yozzasport. I think in a month or two I'll get one, and at least it will mean not having to use the credit card as long as I can get the cat under warranty.

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks back. No misfires or any other such mechanical issues. Luckily I got it into the dealers that afternoon. It was the sensor that controls oxygen which sits somewhere in the exhaust and effects the cat, to be honest I didn't take much notice. It took them hour and a half to fix and said it would have cost a couple of hundred pounds were the car not still under warranty so glad it happened this side of September !!!. The car did seem to run better and be more responsive afterwards so maybe it had been degrading over the last few months.

Good luck with yours.

Reaction score
Mine's going in Saturday. Hopefully whatever it is I'll get it done as a warranty job, then I can still afford a yozza exhaust for the beast.

Reaction score
ive posted the same problem on another post but il do it here too. the exhaust warning light has poped up, i took it back out for a thrash and no signs of loss of power,idle is smooth as i left it running for a minute, i have an aftermarket exhaust and new sports cat that goes with it, for some reason it feels a little louder and ive got this like snake hissing sound but ive always had that when i had the exhaust put on.dont know what to do as some people say it goes out after a while. should i book it in somewhere and see if its a major problem?

Reaction score
Had this happen to me but Renault repaired it under warraty - they said they just reprogrammed the ECU