Reaction score
not had my trophy that long, today getting in my car i started it up and the engine started reving the nakers off on its own so i knocked it off and tryed again and it did it again.
i dipped the clutch and it was still reving itself but i put it into gear and pulled off its was still reving without pressing the accelarator pedal, i drove it down the road and it was fine.
this happpens sometime when i open it up at high revs but i select another gear and its fine.

is this the clutch???

Reaction score
Could be a sensor, like the air flow meter plug. I had this problem when i left the plug off when i fitted my inlet manifold, caused the car to rev its nuts off. Have a look in and around the inlet manifold for loose connections e.t.c

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Either the plenum is letting in air and it has not been seated / tightened correctly to the inlet manifold or you have a dodgy accelerator pedal.

Reaction score
pjthedj89 said:
not had my trophy that long, today getting in my car i started it up and the engine started reving the nakers off on its own so i knocked it off and tryed again and it did it again.
i dipped the clutch and it was still reving itself but i put it into gear and pulled off its was still reving without pressing the accelarator pedal, i drove it down the road and it was fine.
this happpens sometime when i open it up at high revs but i select another gear and its fine.

is this the clutch???

'Tried'. You're welcome.

Reaction score
Rexina182 said:
pjthedj89 said:

is this the clutch???

'Tried'. You're welcome.
=D>