Reaction score
Evening all! :)

Well it's been a whle since my last post..but it feels good to be back trawling the boards!

Number 351 is now sporting a lovely set of Yoko Parada's (perfectly in time for winter! :roll: ) and although they've only been on for 500 miles, initial impressions are good. There is substantially more grip and stability, much less tyre flex and roll, however the ride is noticeably firmer and also road noise is increased, but these are both side effects I can live with when compared with the increase in performance.

I would heartily recommend these tyres to anyone who drives their Trophy hard, I can't wait to get out on track next spring, where I think they will really shine when compared to the PE2's.

Here comes the disclaimer though, they do feel sketchy in the wet. Whereas with the PE2's I could push relatively hard in the wet, I have not yet dared with the Yoko's as they don't feel like they are shifting enough water even at modest speeds, and I don't want to end up in a ditch!

Alright, now to catch up on six weeks worth of posts!

Reaction score
a friend has parada's on his 172 cup and he rates them very highly too (probably as they are £30 a corner on his 15's :lol: )

grip and endurance seemed great round Brands, but they are very very bad in the wet! But then again whoever goes out pushing it in the rain even in PE2's is living dangerously, so wet grip is not too much of an issue. Its the dry days you live for!

Reaction score
Don't write off wet weather performance - as the Trophy seems fundamentally very good in the wet - I am relatively more competitive in the wet, and am definitely not a hero. Interestingly providing there is not standing water the Kumho V70A (virtually a cut slick) are quicker than the PE2!!

Reaction score
Glad your enjoying them buddy, they are better once scrubbed up properly :wink:

If you wanna see how bad they really are in the wet, find a huge empty roundabout & just tickle the loud pedal on exit :shock: Done in mine to see how they would perform & it was scary!!!

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
If you wanna see how bad they really are in the wet, find a huge empty roundabout & just tickle the loud pedal on exit :shock: Done in mine to see how they would perform & it was scary!!!

That's the thing, oversteer does not seem to be a problem, the backs bizarrely seem relatively planted, but with a bit of lock on and a hefty bit of throttle the fronts just wash out, much more than the PE2's would...so you just have to be a bit more sensible in the wet, which is no bad thing really!

Echo Matt's comments about it's the dry days that you live for, and the Parada's make them even better! :D

Reaction score
OliS said:
That's the thing, oversteer does not seem to be a problem, the backs bizarrely seem relatively planted, but with a bit of lock on and a hefty bit of throttle the fronts just wash out, much more than the PE2's would...so you just have to be a bit more sensible in the wet, which is no bad thing really!

Echo Matt's comments about it's the dry days that you live for, and the Parada's make them even better! :D

You'll be surprised how glued the rear is with these on imo.
Alot more glued than with the PEs. I've only managed to get the rear to play once since having them on & did REALLY have to chuck it in hard & lift all the way off.

Day to day driving in the wet is fine, but like you say they will just wash out with understeer if you push too hard.

G

These would be my tyre choice. I've heard lots of good things about them.

Reaction score
Good info guys.

I recently went for a set of Eagle F1s all round and would have to say they have worn in quite nicely. TBH i dont think they hang on as well as the michelins, yes they offer plenty of grip but i get the feeling when you go over the limit then thats it whereas the michelins kinda let you now its time to back off and take a breather :lol:

However, where the F1s are superb is the ride, much less crash, bang, wallop and nowhere near the same amount of tramlinning. Very impressed. Warmer weather performance obviously has yet to be compaired but at the moment im pleased with my purchase. And they were ££cheaper. Plus love the V tread pattern, looks 8) .

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Never thought I d move away from standard but now considering it a lot more.

How much? Per tyre?

£85 fitted at my local Merityre.