Having fun with my trophy, or not as the case may be!

Ajr

Reaction score
DSCF1916.jpg

DSCF1917.jpg

DSCF1919.jpg

DSCF1920.jpg

Now the whole steering column is off, damn french cars!

Thankfully i have a much lower mileage mint column here that i shall be fitting shortly when i regain momentum :twisted:

427 goes on wednesday :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Reaction score
How come your replacing the column?

I see your steering wheel has started to go a little, it's only a matter of time i think before i bite the bullet and buy myself a new one as it's bugging the hell out of me!

Ajr

Reaction score
The column has a bit of play in the lower UJ which is annoying me, and as the buyer is a good mate of mine i got roped into changing it for him!

Yep the steering wheel is melted a tiny bit by the right thumb grip, i would have got the wheel trimmed while it's off if i was keeping it but alas i'm not ploughing more money into it at the last minute. I will probably end up taking the wheel off again in future for him to get it trimmed :roll:
Why couldn't renault have fitted a real leather wheel? Would have been so much nicer to hold!

Reaction score
Exactly, do you know of anyone that can do a good retrim? At the moment i think i'll just buy a new wheel as i like things to be as good as they can be and i'm a little unsure about having it retrimmed.

Ajr

Reaction score
There are a good few companies around that will retrim the wheel in real leather or alcantara. Remember suede and alcantara wear really quickly, leather is a good bet, perforated is best :D Then maybe get the grips done in suede/alcantara?! Will cost less than a new one and outlast it by a good few years

Reaction score
Good effort! I hope it eliminates the issues that you were having!

Did you source the newer rack from a scrap yard?