Reaction score
SM55 FUV????

I am looking to buy this car next weekend from 'Newcastle upon tyne'. I asked the salesman whether he knew the unique number of the car but he must of been looking in the wrong place as he said he couldnt find it. I am wondering whether anybody knows any history of the car or has owned this themselves.

All help is appreciated Elliott.

Reaction score
is this reg on a trophy..??
im from newcastle and dont know of this reg on any trophys, Scott might know the car.
isnt "SM" a Carsile prefix?

Reaction score
He obviously didn't look very hard, it's on the drivers seat frame thingy, open the door and it stares you in the face. You may have found the register on here already? That should give you some background of the car.

Nick. :)

Reaction score
sounds like it...usuall clueless dealer advertising it with "Climate Control" #-o
check for damper rebuild.

Reaction score
it doesn't take much to look inside and see it doesn't actually have climate control... :roll: Surely any salesman would know the difference...

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help.

Mada88 yes this is the one at arnold clark ford. I asked the salesman to check the the number on the plate and told him where it was, which he went to check. He then came back and said "i cant find it on the seat it just says 'recaro'" haha. He is ringing me next week to sort some things out as well as tell me the unique number. He sounded quite old so i just nevermind tell me next week. Didnt want the old chap getting cold!!

Hopefully i should be a new trophy owner as of next week!!!

Elliott

Reaction score
Good luck with your purchase :D sounds like you might get a good deal out of them as they don't seem to have a clue lol

Reaction score
check dampers mate...warranty won't cover these, last owner could have traded it in - rather than get them rebuilt. if you get the number you could check in the register to see if the last owner is on here...that's kinda what it's for.

Reaction score
son of solo said:
check dampers mate...warranty won't cover these, last owner could have traded it in - rather than get them rebuilt. if you get the number you could check in the register to see if the last owner is on here...that's kinda what it's for.

Cheers mate thats my reason for finding out the number to get some history on the car from here. Looking forward to next week....hopegully its a good one.