Reaction score
As above really..but which idiot at Renault decided to fit the boggo gear knob??

My 172 Cup had leather so why not this??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Did you not know that the Trophy, far from being a Renault "SPECIAL" was in fact just an "end of line, use up all the bits in the parts bin and see if we can cobble together something reasonable" project for the work experience kids and the fact that it turned into such a brilliant car was a total mistake that Renault made the most of with some canny marketing :wink:

There are a several threads on how to fit an aftermarket knob on here if you hit the search :)

Reaction score
dont really want a full blown aftermarket knob but the plastic is annoying.

I think a 182 Knob is a good upgrade.

Reaction score
Just ordered one.

Just over £50 in vat.

Not too bad IMO, I bet a MOMO or Sparco one would be about the same.

Reaction score
power ranger said:
There no difference in gear knobs just a different colour insert!

????

What do you mean??

The Trophy has tacky plastic and a 182 has leather. I sat in a 182 tonight and it is definitely different.

Reaction score
PBwantsatrophy said:
power ranger said:
There no difference in gear knobs just a different colour insert!

????

What do you mean??

The Trophy has tacky plastic and a 182 has leather. I sat in a 182 tonight and it is definitely different.

I really cant remember there been any difference between my old 182 and the Trophy gear knob, although it was 2yrs ago when i sold my old 182 so i could be incorrect.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If your going to get one from the stealers why not go for a Clio V6 metal ball. THIS is what Renault should've fitted frm the factory. From the sound of it it's around the same price as the leather one but it makes my car feel a little more special (if thats at all possible) I got the code from the Renault website/accs & i will try to get some pics up soon...Part number 6000073675 £45.11 + VAT

Reaction score
ledfoot said:
If your going to get one from the stealers why not go for a Clio V6 metal ball. THIS is what Renault should've fitted frm the factory. From the sound of it it's around the same price as the leather one but it makes my car feel a little more special (if thats at all possible) I got the code from the Renault website/accs & i will try to get some pics up soon...Part number 6000073675 £45.11 + VAT

Not a bad idea at all but I prefer leather myself.

Can defo understand why you got that one though.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
Wouldn't mind seeing a 182FF gearknob pic...?

Looks almost the same but 182 is leather.

Wont really be able to tell from a pic but I'll post one when I get mine on Tuesday

Reaction score
I've always wanted a V6 gear knob. I always remember seeing the V6 at bedford autodrome and wondering about it. I wasn't sure if it was a straight swap or not. Not sure if it would look right. I have a steelers round my local shops lol, so lazy.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I found all i needed to remove the old Knob on here...there's a thread somewhere. I was able to roll the old plastic cover off once the hard piece had been popped out. You are then left with a moulded plastic which needs to be cut away to leave the knurled top of the gearstick...the £60 ball of metal pops on & with the aid of some araldite your job is done. Not sure it will ever come off though!!
It also matches the silver (plastic) dash strips which is why i wanted one...must sort out the steering wheel as mines begining to melt...