Has anybody fitted a HID kit??

Reaction score
I have been looking at HID kits coming down in price - I know they are illegal if you don't have self leveling etc....but I just wanted to know if anyone has fitted them -
Many thanks

Reaction score
I've not seen any, why don't you just get some better bulbs?

Reaction score
Already have a decent set of bulbs in the car, was just wondering about the HID route :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They add weight and cost more for only a minor improvement, if that on the standard set-up with xenon bulbs light nightbreakers so i personally don't see the point. Plus you need to modify the battery etc...

Reaction score
What do you have to do to the battery? I fitted kits before without touching it..

IMO a HID kit is a massive improvement over any conventional lights. I'm always tempted but for the cost and legality. :)

I don't really think the weight will make any difference.. Have a poo before you drive if you're worried about that much mass :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wouldn't have said they make a massive difference as Philips extreme and osram nightbreakers are about as bright as EU legislation allow.

The current from the battery needs to be modified for HID's - the kit necessary adds the weight, iirc it's something like a few kilos, if you can displace that in the toilette before each drive then you're a braver man than me lol.

Reaction score
Cue said:
I wouldn't have said they make a massive difference as Philips extreme and osram nightbreakers are about as bright as EU legislation allow.

The current from the battery needs to be modified for HID's - the kit necessary adds the weight, iirc it's something like a few kilos, if you can displace that in the toilette before each drive then you're a braver man than me lol.

Can you give the product numbers of the bulbs that you are talking about above please.

Thank you.

jsthomson

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
www.powerbulbs.com

Main Beam - H1
Dipped Beam - H7
Sidelights - W5W
Foglights - H11
Indicators - PY21W

On their home page click on the 'i know which fitting I need' not the car as it doesn't list Renosport ones.

Select the fitting i.e H7 and it'll show you the various brand and bulb options.

Easy peasy.

Reaction score
there is a set of 182 dual optic headlights going on ebay atm, y dont you just upgrde to them, they are at bargain price so dont think they will be there for long £125. think they are just a straight swap.Item number: 270373603815.