Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
for road use make sure they are bolt ins not clips as they are illegal. Official motorsport ones are usually clips as they can be changed quicker.

Also the more points the better, but £ goes up.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
forgot to mention, have you considered a CG lock? - i had one on mine before fitting harnesses and they work very well, £35 from most places.

Reaction score
My view is the CG lock is good, however I'm sure you'll agree Cue harnesses improve the overall driving experience. :)

Reaction score
not the best pics but gives you an idea. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6372.jpg
    IMG_6372.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6368.jpg
    IMG_6368.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
yea they look great, wat they like day to day?

Reaction score
Great mate, I love them and really improve the driving experience. At £40 odd they are decent for what you get.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
my only irk with harnesses for day to day driving is reaching the glove box when you need something or reversing, although I generally use the mirrors anyway it's a pain that you can't check blinds spots all that easily.

Reaction score
Yeh I agree with Cue, reaching things is a pain sometimes and the time it takes to get into them if you are in a hurry. However these are only minor set backs :)

Reaction score
Cue said:
for road use make sure they are bolt ins not clips as they are illegal. Official motorsport ones are usually clips as they can be changed quicker.

Is there any official website too view that state's this?
Only reason for asking is i've built and been involved in the manufactuer of many Kit cars, and all but 1 of those had the clip in belts, all had to be sva'd (that's like a very strict and more detailed Mot for those that aren't aware) and not once were the belts questioned. All passed the cars passed the test and were issued with a Mac (ministers approval certificate) once you have this it just needs registering with the dvla and your fully road legal.

Totally agree with the movement restriction though, if used properly you'll find even reaching the centre console buttons difficult, and if you have them slack then just hope you don't become involved in an accident.

Chris

Reaction score
Yes mate, I've got mine bolted in on one of the mounts at the back of the rear seats. It does mean you cant have anyone behind the seat tho.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
480bhp.com said:
Cue said:

Is there any official website too view that state's this?
Only reason for asking is i've built and been involved in the manufactuer of many Kit cars, and all but 1 of those had the clip in belts, all had to be sva'd (that's like a very strict and more detailed Mot for those that aren't aware) and not once were the belts questioned. All passed the cars passed the test and were issued with a Mac (ministers approval certificate) once you have this it just needs registering with the dvla and your fully road legal.

Totally agree with the movement restriction though, if used properly you'll find even reaching the centre console buttons difficult, and if you have them slack then just hope you don't become involved in an accident.

Chris

not sure - i presume there will be, i was told be two different MOT centres