Reaction score
Hiya all,

am looking for a set of these as my next compromise road tyre. I am having a hard time finding them in Trophy size, any tips?

Camskills do them but are out of stock ATM.

Cheers,

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Everywhere is out of stock, container on it's way :D
Got a set back in Feb after seeing some good reviews.

Thanks Steve.

Seeing as you appear to have an inside track, any ideas when the container will land? :lol:

I can probably keep going another month... [-o<

Reaction score
Ha, the power of telephones :D

the container is due in 4 weeks time, in case anyone else is considering them. That should be good enough for me, MOT in 2 months =D>

Reaction score
:cry:
I have just been on the phone with Camskills, and due to a mistake at Hankook factory, the container is now not expected for another 8 weeks
:cry:

Am now considering Yokohama AD-8, they should now be imported to the UK, but have not yet found anyone who sells them.

Might have to go to Exaltos again #-o

Reaction score
Have used V12 Evo on the DC5 as a road tyre, and once 'bedded' in they gave very good times.

Reaction score
How do these compare to the PE2s ? I was considering trying to get these last week, but opted for Toyo T1-Rs which I'm not very impressed with.

Reaction score
George K said:
Have used V12 Evo on the DC5 as a road tyre, and once 'bedded' in they gave very good times.

Is that list 1a tyre Goerge?

I have now found RS-2's at Mytyres, and placed an order :eek:

Expensive there at 92 squids a pop, but still cheaper than PE2s

Reaction score
Berty said:
How do these compare to the PE2s ? I was considering trying to get these last week, but opted for Toyo T1-Rs which I'm not very impressed with.

They are a softer compound (still a road compound though), but stiffer sidewall (race construction). Better dry grip but noisier and likely a shorter lifespan.

T1R are a harder compound than either - I think of them as a run of the mill road tyre.

Reaction score
A garage near me has quoted £68 each fitted for the Hankook RS2's, and they said they have them in stock. Since ive owned the Trophy i have popped into this garage a few times to see what tyres they have and they have always had the RS2's in stock, but i always ended up getting the PE2's. Think at £68 each its going to be RS2's next for the rear :).

Reaction score
I run Rs2's on my 197 Cup have done for 4,000 miles inc 2 trackdays.
Stiffer side walls but hardly any extra road noise, unlike r888 that sound like a tractor.
Dry grip is off the scale compared to conti 3's, parada spec 2's etc etc, wet grip is very good also.
Did Donington in July & had several downpours no probs.

Reaction score
Have heard they need a lot of heat for them to really perform?

Reaction score
Just found that Kumho have the MX KU15 in 205/45x16. Might be worth following up.

Hankook only list K102 & 104 as 1a tyres. BUT for 2010 list 1b will be allowed for production cars.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
marrow said:
Have heard they need a lot of heat for them to really perform?

As usuall try them instead of reading about them :lol:

Typical response... why do you presume I read about this?!

Reaction score
OK, after some delays, the R-S2 tyres are finally on. This is a first impressions write-up and I will follow up with another after a few weeks use.

I picked the car up yesterday in Exmouth, and as is my habit took the scenic route across Exmoor to Lynmouth, and then along the A 39 back to the M5. The weather was damp, coldish, a bit of rain in places, and occasional fog - in other words not great test driving conditions. In addition to the new tyres the car had refurbed front dampers, new camber settings at -2 degrees at the front, MF springs all around and adjustable Koni's in the rear (also from MF). Also replacement ball joints. In fact, you could be forgiven for wondering why I am bothering with a write about the tyres, given how completely the suspension of the car was transformed.

I left the front dampers on the BG Motorsport recommended road setting, and put the Koni's on one complete turn from soft (i.e. middle of the adjustment range). Tyre pressures were at the Renault recommended levels.

The first impressions after setting off were that the car had firmed up in handling generally, with less pitching in corners, virtually no diving under braking. A more go-kart feel if you like. However, the ride quality was better.

I set off quite gingerly, mindful of the unscrubbed rubber underneath, but noticed quite early on a slightly less stable feel from front wheels, coupled with an increased tendency to tramline. However, turn in was crisp and precise, steering felt more accurate than in ages, and the car was very resistant to undesteer, despite the slippery conditions. As I built confidence and speed, I was already grinning broadly - the handling was sublime. More controlled than previously, but not compromised by road imperfections - soon I was flying. I was pleased to note (though not entirely surprised as this was why I had opted for the MF set-up) that the rear of the car was more loose than previously, making the attitude of the car mid-corner more throttle adjustable. I had always felt this was a major weakness of the Trophy, so it is great to have it rectified. And obviously with the rear Koni's only at half stiffness, there is scope for making the rear even more playfull. Trailbraking responsiveness was likewise improved, with the car attitude through the corner remaining very easy to modulate and adjust.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with the outcome of the changes to my T, but what does any of this say about the R-S2's? Well, I guess they are not the weakest link in the chain, as grip was very high wet or dry, the level of feedback was great, road noise was not any different from PE2s. Handling generally was much better, but then the comparison is against a tired set of PE2s, on road allignment set up, with tired shocks all round, and knackered ball joint(s).

So the jury is still out, but first impressions are good.

Reaction score
Wait till you have taken the glaze off the tyres the grip is just emense.
So out the box your impressed with the tyres, they will only get better.
The turn in you talk of is also due to stiffer side walls.
I like you never had any problems & i did 5,000 miles & 2 trackdays.
I will defo be getting these on whatever car i get next.
Also as far as i found there is no real problems wih getting them up to temps as some have querried. :wink:

Reaction score
For my 2 penneth worth on these.

I have a set of Williams wheels with the RS2's on the front with the pressures adjusted accordingly.

When I swapped back over to my 16's with PE2's the car felt bloody awful to drive and I had to repeatedly drop the pressures to compensate for the change.

I have sold the 16's and will be sticking to the RS2's in 15's as IMHO they are a great road tyre but the ride is harder and my stereo skips a bit more now but its worth it.

LOL

:D