Reaction score
Well the time has come for me to get rid of the trophy!! was just costing me too much to run being 22 and insurance was through the roof!! Iv had to get rid of her quickly, so traded her in for a 1.2 08 plate corsa sxi!! (piece of crap car, but cheaper to run). i have plans to get another trophy in the near future when insurance is cheaper and i have no debt etc!!!! cnt believe how gutted i am :cry:. i plan on still visiting the website every now and then to keep up to date and on the look out for decent examples when the time comes to get another one!! bye for now

mc

Reaction score
got 7100 p/x and the corsa was just over 8000 got over 2 grand knocked off it brand new with just the delivery miles (about 22 if i remember correctly) so not a bad deal really!!

Reaction score
if you dont mind me asking fella, what were you paying for insurance?

as said at least you've had the pleasure of owning a Trophy :twisted: , and in a few years time or whenever you buy one again, if prices keep goin the way they are you'll be able to pick one up for peanuts

Reaction score
i was paying £220 a month! that was on my mums insurance though with 4 years no claims!! went up after the first year but still the best i could get!

Reaction score
Its always gutting to sell a car you love, even moreso when you are selling it to move down the car ladder.

You have done it for the right reasons though and as others have said, at least you have had one. You never want to have regrets in life, so its great that you went for it when you did regardless of whether you will buy another. Plus at least you have a nice new car now.

If it was me I would have bought a used car though, you are just going to lose more money on a new car.

Reaction score
Im only 19 and have a 172 ph2 and my insurance was £1800 last year but it going down to £1200 next year, checked it for a trophy next year and it £1400.

I dont think its too bad and it well worth it when im only 19 and dont know any mates my age with a better or faster car.
all i done to get my insurance down was insure my girlfriend with diamond insurance and me as a named driver and she doesnt even have a license just a provisional. I got a quote for £3500 after buying the car thought i would have to get rid. then i thought of doing it this way.

thought about getting a trophy but dont want to lose the climate and stuff. might have to have a go and see how much better they are.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all... :D

chris172 said:
Im only 19 and have a 172 ph2 and my insurance was £1800 last year but it going down to £1200 next year, checked it for a trophy next year and it £1400.

I dont think its too bad and it well worth it when im only 19 and dont know any mates my age with a better or faster car.
all i done to get my insurance down was insure my girlfriend with diamond insurance and me as a named driver and she doesnt even have a license just a provisional. I got a quote for £3500 after buying the car thought i would have to get rid. then i thought of doing it this way.

thought about getting a trophy but dont want to lose the climate and stuff. might have to have a go and see how much better they are.

Careful fella - if something happens the insurance companies don't look too kindly on this sort of thing... [-X In fact, I believe there could be grounds for invalidating any claims you make should something unfortunate happen. Obviously I wish you well and hope not, but be careful.

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
If it was me I would have bought a used car though, you are just going to lose more money on a new car.

it was just the fact that i got the deal that i did if i had to pay 10800 for it i wouldn't of done it!!! and the trade in price on the trophy was good too! also quick and easy instead of trawling round looking for a half decent car!!!

My heart is definitely set on getting another trophy in the future and if not a trophy it will be a renaultsport of some sort!!!!

Reaction score
mc45 said:
Matt X2C said:

it was just the fact that i got the deal that i did if i had to pay 10800 for it i wouldn't of done it!!! and the trade in price on the trophy was good too! also quick and easy instead of trawling round looking for a half decent car!!!

My heart is definitely set on getting another trophy in the future and if not a trophy it will be a renaultsport of some sort!!!!

Rereading this again, it makes sense - £7100 p/x is a fantastic price when you look a what they are all being sold for privately nowadays.

chris172 said:

Careful - I wouldn't post that up here, thats insurance fraud and you don't know who is reading! Also, even though it may be cheap now, you won't build up no claims as a named driver, so when you do go onto your own policy it won't be as cheap as you are expecting.

Reaction score
Dont think theres anything they can say, the car is in her name so legally the car is her's and she's the first driver. the police have checked it when i got pulled for speeding [-X and said theres no probs. it will still be cheaper when im older then wat it is now, and i already got a couple of years no claims from my other cars i used to have.

Reaction score
chris172 said:
Dont think theres anything they can say, the car is in her name so legally the car is her's and she's the first driver. the police have checked it when i got pulled for speeding [-X and said theres no probs. it will still be cheaper when im older then wat it is now, and i already got a couple of years no claims from my other cars i used to have.

The policy and car are in her name (obviously to bring the cost down) even though you are the main driver of the car and therefore it is insurance fraud because you are fraudulently pretending that it is her car that she is the main driver of. The police don't investigate, they just check you are insured, if you had an accident then insurance companies would look into it a bit further and its not really worth the risk in my opinion.

Up to you, but I think its living dangerously. I know every teenager is desperate to get a fast car, I was too with mine, but if you can't insure a car properly then don't get the car.

Anyway, just stating my opinion, not trying to have a go.

Reaction score
I knew when i did it like this that they might into it if anything happend but she is insurered on her provisional license and i am named that i can drive the car on the policy, so what can they say and how are they going to prove that i drive it all the time and there is no limit on the policy of how many miles named drivers can drive.

it just a way to get by till im 21 really. hopefully ill never need to claim ha.

Reaction score
chris172 said:

Its not your car though :lol:

The point I am trying to make is you purposely insured it in a misleading way knowing that she wouldn't drive it and you would as if it was your own car. The above confirms this as you are claiming it is your car. Its not worth an argument as you have aready taken the risk, but its living dangerously, thats the point I am making. And the insurance will wriggle out of anything they can.

Hopefully you never get in a situation where it will be investigated though.

Reaction score
Hope not, well it not my car but she borrows me it when i wont it :wink: . not arguing mate but ive always had pritty quick cars and couldnt drive anything slower now so had to do something. but when she passes her test she will be driving it more anyway then theres no probs.