Reaction score
I came close to buying one a couple of weeks back, but bottled out due to cost. Nick was very responsive to my email questions, but I don't want a decat so it means nearly £800 for a full system. If they did a system using the original cat I probably would have gone for it.

I am still in the market for a new exhaust really, certainly need new rear mounts again!

I know, if you buy a sport cat it is very expensive but to be honest I don't see the problem with a decat system. The only trouble is getting it through the MOT but there are plenty of "sympathetic" businesses out there, I know a few people in the TVR club so I managed to find one quite easily.

It really is a great system and the performance gain is noticeable, not to mention what a fantastic raspy noise it makes!

The closest thing to it sound wise was the Piper exhaust I had fitted to my 182 Cup, which was great, a lot better than the Milltek which was on my Trophy until last weekend (which for the record was the worst system I have ever come across in terms of build quality and it sounded quite poor too) but I really am glad I spotted the Pure Motorsport system the other week, I am loving every drive!

I would say go for it, if you can live with a decat! Failing that I can thoroughly recommend the Piper system.

Reaction score
I emailed pure motorsport a while ago regarding the standard cat for mots and they said they would manufacture an adaptor so the standard cat will fit the pm exhaust. All you need to do is ask!

SoS

Reaction score
I emailed pure motorsport a while ago regarding the standard cat for mots and they said they would manufacture an adaptor so the standard cat will fit the pm exhaust. All you need to do is ask!
I will check with them again, the emails suggested it was decat or sports cat only, but an adaptor could be the option, I want to keep the cat so no messing about at MOT time but don't need a £200 sports cat. The other option is a Piper, but I would prefer the Pure system, I also like the way they have done the brackets, a neat solution.

Reaction score
I will check with them again, the emails suggested it was decat or sports cat only, but an adaptor could be the option, I want to keep the cat so no messing about at MOT time but don't need a £200 sports cat. The other option is a Piper, but I would prefer the Pure system, I also like the way they have done the brackets, a neat solution.

I spoke with them, they said the brackets whilst very good generate most of the 'unwanted' noise against the flat boot.

I also got the impression the only options were decat or their cat.

Reaction score
You need to request an adaptor. They said they would make some if people ask for them.

Yes, spoke with them today, they are several months off selling the adaptor version. It will be slightly cheaper than the decat version.

SoS

Reaction score
Yes, spoke with them today, they are several months off selling the adaptor version. It will be slightly cheaper than the decat version.
That is sounding positive, I would like to sleeve the joint on the cat to the centre pipe which would be straightforward I would think as they wouldn't need a flange on the end.

Reaction score
That is sounding positive, I would like to sleeve the joint on the cat to the centre pipe which would be straightforward I would think as they wouldn't need a flange on the end.

I did this with my rs192 and it was a much better fit.

SoS

Reaction score
I did this with my rs192 and it was a much better fit.

I emailed Pure about this, with a 2.5in pipe welded to the cat this will fit directly onto their current system, so doing this removes the olive joint which is a bit of a weak point.

The other advantage is it uses the standard exhaust, so at a later stage you could decat, or fit a sports cat or go back to standard with an adaptor.

I will probably go for this option, I will see if I can get down to Padstow to get it done by them.

Reaction score
Good Choice mate, i have the same system on mine with decat and sounds brilliant. Especially after the 5k rev mark