Ajr

Reaction score
Myself and some friends ran a rolling road day for our club, 30 cars run in total!

Mr T managed:
184.6bhp @ 6970rpm
148.9lb/ft @ 5790rpm

For a completely standard engine i'm quite impressed, and it's on 50k now so well used, apparently the F4R makes more power with decent mileage on it! Goes against the usual crap on cliosport of them making less then standard.

A mate was there with his 172, just had ktec put throttle bodies, cams & omex on, made 5bhp more than me and less torque, he was gutted :lol:

All cars had 3 or 4 runs to get a good reading.

Will post some pics later when people upload them!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
How come the standard F4R engine is suppost to put out 182PS and yours is managing almost 185BHP ?

Ajr

Reaction score
Not sure really, there is always a little variation between engines with mileage on them, how they were worn in, manufacturing tolerances etc.

I'm pretty certain it's reliable, one of my mates got around 170 @ fly on his GTi6 with filter & exhaust, another breathing modded '6 made 175, few saxo vts' making 127-150 depending on state of tune, my old saxo making 199bhp :shock: And my mates teggy revving to 9700rpm sounded nuts! Most of the readouts on standard cars were within 8bhp of factory.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine managed 162.3BHP at RSTuning with about 26K on the clock. Paul said over time/milage I shouldnt expect to gain much BHP, 1 or 2 maybe.
2 standard Trophys went on that day with almost the same milage and there was a 3 BHP difference.
It goes to show how different RR's give totally different results.

Ajr

Reaction score
Rolling road readouts can never be taken seriously i guess, at least i can compare my readout directly to others on the day though!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
different cars will always give different results - the same car on two different days will give different results, there's so many factors - air temp, tyre temp, pressure... you name it.

they're more a lose guide that an accurate picture. Also 182PS is less than 182BHP - ps is a Euro (German) measurement, can't remember how it's calculated but it's around 3% different to Bhp iirc.

Reaction score
Seem like very nice results.....I too had heard the Clio engines run alot better with some miles on them 8)

Ajr said:
And my mates teggy revving to 9700rpm sounded nuts!

I hope thats not on standard valve springs or he will be in trouble sooner or later :shock: