group n or custom remap?

Reaction score
my mum has treated an early birthday present giving me some money so i could get a remap, the closest place is gdi its only 20 miles where i live but been told the best place is is rstuning in leeds, and got told having a custom remap is better to suit your car than a group n. is there any difference and what are the power gains from both? also got told to have inlet manifold done aswell to give best results

Reaction score
Custom maps will always be better than an "off the shelf" package as it is, exactly what it says, it's custom built to your car. Meaning you can work more power out of the mods that you have.

These so called "group n" ecu's etc that are available are all mapped the same and dont take into account what extra's you'vee added to your engine

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
what you really want is a live map - custom maps make assumptions, Live maps specifically map the programming against any modifications using RR runs.

Reaction score
For the price of a remap, you may also want to consider the RS Tuner that allows you to upload a custom map yourself with a laptop. According to most posts on a number of forums, people have had good results and also allows to to analyse the data yourself can calculate power at the wheels. I would have gone for this solution as I like to "mess around/tweak" with things! But my car already came installed with a Unichip.

Reaction score
The rstuner kit can be used to analyze your car, then for about £50 they can do a custom remap for you (IIRC)