Reaction score
Car is making a grinding noise coming from underneath the car when its in gear at 2000rpm and 4000 rpm, doesnt do it when not in gear. Any one have any ideas ? going in to be looked at in a weeks time

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you checked all your body work? could be something rubbing on the wheels or floor... failing that could be gearbox or clutch related i guess.

Reaction score
defo nothing to do with body work, had bad feeling could be to do with gearbox. thought it could poss be heatshield rattling maybe

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lmao, mines starting doing it yesterday - sort of sounds like a grind but it's more of a rattle in reality.

Easy fix.

Reaction score
You Might Want To Check Your Fuel Rail Cover As when The Bolts On This (2x10mm) Get Lose The cover rattles really harshly.........Only does it between certain rpm range.

Reaction score
You Might Want To Check Your Fuel Rail Cover As when The Bolts On This (2x10mm) Get Lose The cover rattles really harshly.........Only does it between certain rpm range.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mines definately coming from the exhaust area - sounds like a grinding when in the car but a rattle when outside it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mines booked in with Reno rochdale - i've heard good things about them, first time they'll be handling the car so they've got a fair chance..... lets hope they don't much it up like the rest of the network.

Reaction score
I briefly get a really tinny sort of rattle that sounded like exhaust / gearbox, as the engine revs up through 3000rpm when I gear down into 2nd, so far I haven't bothered to do anything about it but it may well be that cover then... :?

Reaction score
Cue said:
mines booked in with Reno rochdale - i've heard good things about them, first time they'll be handling the car so they've got a fair chance..... lets hope they don't much it up like the rest of the network.

Cue

Have you been there yet? and if so how good were they?