got reveresed into last night!!

Reaction score
i know im a new member but ive been on here for about a year just looking in every now and then,
spent a year looking for a mint trophy, drove nearly 200 miles to get one 2 days ago spent 8k on it and someone just reversed into my rear quarter last night, i nearly killed him, he just said i'm insured it's ok,
thats far from the point i've wanted a trophy for 3 years and buy the best one i can find and this happens 2 days after i get it,
absolutely gutted!

Reaction score
Very frustrating, this happened to me in February some chap in a Navara reversed into me at a junction trying to get out of the way of a lorry. Needless to say it's still not been settled yet and is currently going to court.

Positives
- Front bumper respray
- Brand new bonnet
- New lights

Negatives
- Ball ache to sort with insurance companies
- Insanely high premium as until its resolved its my fault...

Reaction score
Im not usally an advocate of any kind of violence, but if the chap now whistles when he speaks i would say it was a justified action in this instance.

Sorry to hear the news and hope you get it sorted soon.

Reaction score
just been on phone to insurance,
new rear quarter and door by sound of it and courtesy car no fees or no claims affected and they're picking it up monday,
just a real ball ache, i told him it's going back to the garage if i can tell its been repaired when i get it back.

Reaction score
Fingers crossed they do a good repair.

Before it goes off, check the car and make a note of "any" marks etc.

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that mate.

Hope its all soreted without to much drama.

Reaction score
People who quote "what's the big deal, it's insured aint it" deserved to be stood against a wall and shot in the groin. I went balistic at some dosey tart who opened her door on my fiesta 3 TIMES! Christ i could've strangled her to death i was so annoyed. So many people have no respect for others. Accidents happen but be genuinely sorry for them and it won't be so bad...In my experience insurers bodywork companies generally charge a lot of money, so the work should be as good as it can get with plenty of time spent on it. Such an unpleasent experience, feel for you fella, you'll be able to enjoy it soon.

Just think, if he hadn't have hit you, you may have been involved in a fatal accident instead...so in a way, you should thank him. Things happen for a reason i always think.

Reaction score
I know how you must feel, especially with it being a new car.

I had a DC5 imported a couple of years ago, 8k miles so it wasn't cheap. It got delayed by weeks, partly because when it was on the boat it had been parked up AGAINST 2 other cars and so both front and rear bumpers needed respraying.

The repair was good to be fair but my 'nearly new' car now had all these repairs that kind of spoiled the magic for me.

Then a few months later it was broken into so another door repair and shortly after that had a minor off on track and needed a new front bumper.

In a way I was glad to be rid of it in the end to be honest. Such a shame. All the repairs looked excellent (I made sure of that) its just I "knew" what it had done.

Reaction score
I think the bottom line with that is that cars are there to be used not put on display (in most cases!). I work in the field of furniture and our customer's are just the same with having repairs done by french polishers and the like...it can be perfect, but because they 'know' about it they don't like it. If only they were aware what happens in the factories in the first place...

Reaction score
Taking car in morning for repair i'll get a picture before it goes, before/after, my brothers a spray painter so it'll be thoroughly inspected and sent back if it's not right ha