Reaction score
hi everyone i got my trophy back yesterday after getting gearbox rebuild i had fcuked 4 bearings and pininion =D> cost 850 for them to take box out send it to newoods gearbox company and put it back in. thanking luke at southend renault and darren for the discount :D . they had giving me a modus 09 plate haha i abused it so much was sh*t. happy with the gearbox tho seams really tight and new. re map time now

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:) actually the 1*2 gearbox is very good. Talking to MF a while back said they are pretty bomb proof. Though he had a track 182 in that had given up from the constant crashing down through the gears but most gearboxes wouldn't take a lot of that.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
:) actually the 1*2 gearbox is very good. Talking to MF a while back said they are pretty bomb proof. Though he had a track 182 in that had given up from the constant crashing down through the gears but most gearboxes wouldn't take a lot of that.

From experience of friends box failures, the issues generally occur through poor technique, ie the inability to heel & toe on track or when downchanging from high revs ...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sir_Dave said:
hoolio said:

From experience of friends box failures, the issues generally occur through poor technique, ie the inability to heel & toe on track or when downchanging from high revs ...

That's pretty much exactly what I meant, must try to concentrate on one thing at a time.

Reaction score
Sorry H, I fully understood your explanation, should have credited you with the "giving it large" definition also ;-)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No no no, Dave's explanation was much better than mine, I was hurrying, I just wanted to say that we were thinking along the same lines.