Reaction score
FCUK me, long storey but remebered that i needed to get a new tax discs as Trev the Trophy is now 1yrs old.

The dosey sods at DVLA didnt send me the form, so had to find all my details. So off i go with my documents, jump on the missus moped, pull out of the road only to see a load of cops at the end doing stop checks. (bloody lucky i didnt take the car as the tax had run out on the 31st August) so i drive past trying to look normal (Difficult for someone like me) :lol:

Got to the post office handed my details over and was asked whether i wanted 6/12months.

I said twelve and asked how much it was, she looked at the paperwork and said "oh it wont be too much its only a Clio" then too her suprise she said "OH!!! hang on its telling me it should be £190, thats not right, not for a Clio" she looked at the documents and suddley relaised "I know why that is, its the fact that you have got one of them fast ones"

So 15min and £190 down, Cheers Mr Brown, i hope you are able to sleep easy at night. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Reaction score
i too will be sharing this wallet emptying exercise at the end of this month.

i just keep telling myself it's a small price to pay for having such fun in my car, but i'm still mightly pi$$ed about filling the government pockets and having to avoid all them potholes whilst having fun in my car!

Reaction score
LOL

Brown will be the next Black and Blue if I get my hands on him :lol:

(DISCLAIMER) I Mr S Clarke would like to make all those who check up on website with any post relating to the govenment or national security, that I would never think of hurting Mr Brown however much I hate the Man. :lol:

Reaction score
Got mine online. I think it was 192.50. P&P and all that.

Was just looking on the BBC website.

"Sainsbury's Bank said the average cost of running a car for a year rose to £2,202 in August from £2,053 last year.

Rising fuel costs were behind the bulk of the increase, climbing 11% compared with 2005 to £1,226, driven by record crude oil prices.

Other costs drivers faced included £462 for insurance, £273 for servicing, £116 for tax and £44 for MOT. "

1, i must do more than £2000 a year in fuel
2, my insurance was £600
3, service was cheaper ............ but that only cos i sopped about.
4, TAX average £116!!!!!! £190
5, No MOT yet, but the other car needs one soon so count that too.

HAHA.

no wonder i can't afford kids, wife, holiday. But at the end of the day i love my Trophy and i have great fun in it so i'll spend what i need too.

Reaction score
Just wait until Brown become's PM. He's not even got a driving licence.

Mind you its the same in London with Loony Livingstone - again a non-driver.

So, with Ken running London and Brown running the rest of the Country, you may as well sell your car now :cry:

Reaction score
Cue said:
aye, nowt more certain in life than tax and death!

Actually, revenue less states already exists and clinical immortality is a very real possibilty in the next 50 years.

Let's just hope that Gordon doesn't quite make it.

Reaction score
Gordon Brown is blind in one eye, had a rugby accident at school, thats why he cant drive... so we (the car owners) get the backlash.

Dont get me started on Livingston, he's a B*******, a s******** and an anal probe.

Reaction score
cheap motoring

all i pay for boys is insurance and tax free fuel

oh yea free mot, tax

plus i can get the vat knocked off any work that needs doing thats over 100 euros

benefits of living in germany

Reaction score
The Brown.... what can I say? what a tool he is..... Brown is the new black... oooops sorry cant say black anymore!!

BROWN IS THE NEW RAINBOW!

Reaction score
what pisses me off most is i dont even drive more than 5000 miles a year yet have to pay the full road tax duty :evil: its so wrong ,,,

i know the guys that do alot more miles will not agree but i think the road tax duty should be added to the fuel that way its pay as u go ..

there should be sum sort of limited mileage road tax would be alot more fair for peeps like me .. i also spend money on taxing my 5 gtt that doesnt even see 2000 miles a year .

i like the way it works in Aus where they pay 1 payment of say £250 and thats the tax and insurance ...

Reaction score
If you accept the principle of taxing motorists :evil: then you can't beat taxing fuel. Everyone pays it, it's hard to avoid, and its IN PROPORTION with use and pollution. All this balls about taxing company vehicles and VED bands relative to CO2 emission ignores the fact that CO2 is proportional to mpg.

See the graph near the bottom of the page

So why not just tax fuel and have done with it?