Reaction score
Who is going to the Festival of Speed this year? I'm only going on the Friday (7th July) unfortunately, as it's my girlfriends birthday on the Saturday and I'm driving down to France.

It would be good if a few of us from the south (or anywhere) could meet up on the way, have a bit of a convoy, I only live 15 miles away and it's a great blast there, I like to leave quite early (gates open at 7) otherwise the 15 minute journey quickly becomes 2 hours!

I'll start the list of who's going, where from and on which day(s);

Steve G - Worthing - Friday.

Reaction score
Im down in surrey all that week and the next. How much is it as it doesnt say?

Reaction score
drexel said:
Im down in surrey all that week and the next. How much is it as it doesnt say?

It's £22 for the friday, tickets must be bought in advance too, you can buy them online at www.goodwood.co.uk. £40 for the sat or sunday I think, and around £80 for all three days.

If you haven't been before, tyou're in for a real treat, you'd have to be dead inside or have absolutely no interest in motor racing/engineering/automotive design not to love it.

Reaction score
I'm going will be there early at doors open as I've got to be back in the workshop by the afternoon

Reaction score
hi steve,
i'm going friday. had my ticket ages. this will be my first time and really looking forward to the sights and sounds of the festival.

thought i'd go friday coz it's cheaper and all the rugrats will be at school.
are you gunna bring the 205?

see you there. :)

Reaction score
felix said:
hi steve,
i'm going friday. had my ticket ages. this will be my first time and really looking forward to the sights and sounds of the festival.

thought i'd go friday coz it's cheaper and all the rugrats will be at school.
are you gunna bring the 205?

see you there. :)

Hi Felix

Where are you driving from? it would be good to at least park up in the same car park, I normally go to the far one, as my old boss who has been a GRRC member for 11 years knows it's the best one for getting outta there when it's over!

I won't be taking the 205 as it's been the last two years and It's time to take the Trophy now, besides my temporary insurance for it has just run out and it's all polished up ready for sale.

The first time is always the best, as soon as I arrived they were driving 50's grand prix cars and 1000bhp can-am cars past me (fucking loud) and then I was suddenly in the Supercar paddock looking at a Porsche Carrera GT, a Pagani Zonda and a McLaren F1 GTR parked alongside Jay Kay's Black Ferrari Enzo. Magic!

See you there

Steve.

Reaction score
i have a brother at whiteley, so will drive to his thurs, so i don't have to drive all the way fri morn - it's quite a way for me!

hope there's a zonda this year as it has been my dream car for some time.
was hoping to see one at mph '05 (nec) but there wasn't.
all though there was a trophy on the evo stand - the only place i've ever seen another one.

Reaction score
I doubt there will be a Trophy at Goodwood but there has been a Clio V6 in the supercar paddock for the last two years, and I didn't mind, it is a super car if not a supercar, while I was admiring it this old german guy says "Zvot iz zat doing here" to which I replied "It's got more right to be here than the five seater saloon car (M3 CSL) next to it." He was obviously disgusted by my remarks and goose-stepped off.

There will most definitely be Pagani's there, the Zonda F Roadster CS as well as the Zonda F no doubt. They make a fantastic noise blasting up Lord March's garden path.

I drooled over a Dark Moss '68 Mustang 390 GT for about an hour, it's number plate was JJZ 109, if you need any more clues...

Funny that owning my dream car now would be a performance downgrade, in a straight line I'm talking, it's not even worth mentioning the cornering, the steering wheel was an optional extra no doubt.

Reaction score
ive seena zonda before. Only once but never heard it as it was sitting in traffic when i went past