Reaction score
Adam it really is worth doing, On the way to the gym last night went round my usual roundabouts and i honestly cannot belive the difference it has made!?! before mine must have been really bad lol!

Dave wasnt the cheapest in the world, £120+VAT :shock: , but that included an alignment as well, other places i went were similar and I know he is good :wink:

For reference mine is set up with 10mins toe out as well (i think...)[/quote]

So Sam_k are you saying it's really worth getting a proper alignment done or getting the camber set to -2 ? Also how does a camber kit work is it adjustable ? If setting it to -2 is such an improvement how come it wasnt set to that when it came outta the factory and what is the OE setting ?

Sorry if I'm being a numpty :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam what shiftspark said. George worked out that a bolt with a specific diameter would give such and such camber thus a 12mm will give exactly -2 degs. I stress here that only top quality aero grade bolts were used.

Reaction score
Both, alignment so your not holding the wheel at an angle, tyre wear, fuel consumption blah blah blah... And Camber to give a better feel to the steering i.e more weight, and generally better handling. But increased camber can make the car more twitchy and more susceptible to be affected by imperfections in the road making it more fidgety, but I think this is negligable. I would imagine this is why they are not from the factory like this, also in extreme camber situations it can speed up tyre wear.

Camber bolts work by replacing the top bolt which fixes the damper to the wishbone/hub for one which has a cam on it. By setting this in different positions you change the angle at which the wheel will be fixed at.

Mark fish said that they usually are factory set at -0.25, but these can vary

By the way im no means an expert but this is my view of so someone please correct me if im wrong lol! :D

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Sam what shiftspark said. George worked out that a bolt with a specific diameter would give such and such camber thus a 12mm will give exactly -2 degs. I stress here that only top quality aero grade bolts were used.

Haha wish i knew this before :wink:

Reaction score
hoolio said:

I've since replaced these bolts with the originals. To me it now feels more planted. The rear is still too twitchy for my likely, a whiteline ARB may well improve this?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That kinda runs against the flow on here but each to their own.

Reaction score
marrow said:
I've since replaced these bolts with the originals. To me it now feels more planted. The rear is still too twitchy for my likely, a whiteline ARB may well improve this?

Whiteline ARB makes it more twitchy imho.

Whereas i think the standard setup is a bit too understeery/not twitchy in the slightest!!

Mind you, i prefer the front to grip hard, & the rear to be more adjustable via throttle.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As above.
Its certainly less idiot-proof. But more exciting.
Especially with the stripped out rear, less weight over th back wheels. Seems to sway about on every corner.. :)