Gearstick Gaitor

Reaction score
Trophy No.
How does this fix into the centre console? I guess I was a little 'robust' in my gear changes earlier and the leather(ette) gaiter is now flioating around attached to nothing but the stick. It's very annoying.
There is a clip at the front and it looks as though there may have been two at the back, if so they have both broken off. Can anyone confirm this?

Reaction score
The same has happened to the car I've just purchased and a tab has snapped off (facing rear of the car). Can't see anyway to repair it but they are only £10 to replace and it looks an easy job.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks like no Trophy tax on that then. That's pretty cheap, not going to worry too much about getting one of those on order.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah two at the back, mine have just broken off the other day too when I was trying to lift the gaitor up. It was a brand new one only two weeks ago too, but only about £10 for a new genuine one and readily available.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I take it you ordered the splitter then..lol. 

The price made me laugh!

I am seriously pissed that i sold my original one as i know at some point i will want to take it back to OE.

Wow only ten posts till I spontaneously implode and disappear into a puff of nothingness.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Clips at the back always break off! Had this on my 172's and now on Trophy, bought 2 gaitors so got a spare for the future at only £10 a go.