Gear stick cover!

Reaction score
Today my cover on the gearstick came off and the clips have broke off, Anyone know how much it costs for a new one and is it easy to change yourself. cheers
phillip

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The ebay link guys do some nice work, going to replace the bit of cardboard posing as a gaitor in the 5gt with one of theirs.

Reaction score
£5.80+vat, mine went the other day, two front clips broke off, another common problem?

It's not as if it's a part that is under ANY stress is it!!!

Reaction score
Yeah exactly, i was blaming myself for being rough but i wasnt, it basically just broke off. I think it happened when i went into reverse.

Reaction score
bigphill39 said:
Yeah exactly, i was blaming myself for being rough but i wasnt, it basically just broke off. I think it happened when i went into reverse.

When i fitted the new gaiter i did notice it is ever so slightly stretched when in reverse, at least it's not an expensive item! I was quite surprised how cheap it was actually.

Reaction score
bigphill39 said:
yeah its alot cheaper than i thought also, is it easy to replace?

Pull the base up, cut a cable tie, pull over the knob, the reverse to refit, 2 minutes max

Reaction score
Hi phillip,

Gearstick gaitor is very easy to fit just simply tie the cable tie and the gear knob end and simply click into place! 8200071449 £6.25+vat

Regards
Gareth

I did try to pm you but for some reason wont let me as it says you dont exsist!

Reaction score
Got my new gear stick gaitor today from renault, went home to fit it and buggered it up soo i will need to get another one. It was the bit at the top that overlaps, couldnt get the tigh rap to tighten and when i did it was tooo tight to fold the other side into it. :evil:

Reaction score
bigphill39 said:
Got my new gear stick gaitor today from renault, went home to fit it and buggered it up soo i will need to get another one. It was the bit at the top that overlaps, couldnt get the tigh rap to tighten and when i did it was tooo tight to fold the other side into it. :evil:

Not quite sure what you've done here, did you put it on inside out and upside down as such to do the zip tie up?