Reaction score
The silver plate on my gear knob is badly worn. Are any of the plates on ebay any good?
Or Renault want £68 for a replacement knob. (which they claim is now leather)....anyone had one?

Reaction score
Do a search on here for the Richbrook slant - seems to be a common choice. Make sure you get the right one. 5 speed, lift reverse top left.

Reaction score
get a ph1 172 gear knob by far the best you can get and still looks oem. one of the best mods i have done imo

Reaction score
Thanks, do they look any different? Wanna keep original as poss

like the clio v6 gearknob but without any markings, have a search on google. i bought mine for £25 and was in very good condition.

Reaction score
Alternatively you could buy a new insert, I got some of the silver carbon effect ones out of a 172 I think got the gear and steering inserts and both dash inserts in mint condition for about £22 on eBay!!

Reaction score
I have a Richbrook in mine & think it's perfect, though it was fitted to the car when I bought it I thought it was OEM was so right. The Swiss Trophy's I had an aluminium gear knob that looks like the ph1 172 knob. I don't like the OEM leatherette gear knob as its not a great shape.

If I didn't have the Richbrook I'd be tempted with one of the genuine Renault accessories gear knobs, for example the R.S. branded one http://bit.ly/121J66Y or RenaultSport branded one http://bit.ly/14L78Sl

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There was someone on cliosport selling very similar gear knobs in any colour / design you like (although some requests got a little misinterpreted!)

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
There is a guy (Chris) over on clio sport in the traders section who does carbon inserts.

Carbon02.gif

Reaction score
mine's completely faded too :< would be nice to get a replacement without spending tons of cash