Reaction score
Had my 2nd year service done here and they do not use silkolene pros 5w40 they said they found it broke down ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:?:

GDI don't seem to be doing themselves any favours at the moment.

Reaction score
Why is that if they have used this in there car and found a problem with it there is no way i want it in my engine .

Reaction score
It was a shell one they used at gdi on mine .

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Silkolene ProS.

Used it on my EP3 CTR & DC5 & was fine.
I'm sure it looked after my 215BHP 8400rpm K20A in the DC5 it'll be fine for the Clio :?:

No wonder I don't use GDi

Reaction score
I thought gdi was the place to go for the best service they were great for me.

Reaction score
i would stay clear, they ripped me off big time a while back and did sly things like not changing the air and pollen filters just nipped of to clean them out and save a few quid, they were very shifty, wont be returning :shock:

Reaction score
TrophyBoy616 said:
i would stay clear, they ripped me off big time a while back and did sly things like not changing the air and pollen filters just nipped of to clean them out and save a few quid, they were very shifty, wont be returning :shock:

Did they charge you for new pollen filters then?

Reaction score
Just got the wife to phone gdi they do still use silkolene so liar liar pants on fire .
Wont use them again .

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nig63 said:
Just got the wife to phone gdi they do still use silkolene so liar liar pants on fire .
Wont use them again .

:shock: That's just mental, why do they do that!

Be thankfull you didn't go in to have your cams done.

Reaction score
I would never trust them again, bunch of wide boy c*nuts, they act in such a shifty manner, makes your skin crawl

Reaction score
some rather sweeping statments here..

a. Our demo car engine has not failed, ever.... and certainly not due to silkoline oil.
(we use silkoline or shell helix if pro s is not available) both excellent quality
b. We would only clean an air filter if it was a replacment panel filter or the owner didnt want it changed...

why would we do something silly like ripping someone off with an air filter, we buy 100's a year from Renault, if we didnt have stock we could have just got another within 1hr..

its rediculous to think any garage who deal with specalist cars would do something like that... we certainly would not.

Reaction score
sorry i should have clarified..

panel filter as in ITG or Pipercross etc

you never have to replace that type of filter unless its damaged, however they do need cleaning regulary.

Reaction score
If you ask the person who serviced my car who was 45 minutes late because of a so called accident he had on the way (no damage on car) he is the one who said about the oil.