Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this car please? Spotted it for sale as a Trophy....but not sure it is. Struggling with link to the advert.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Where at least did you see it for sale at least? We could then look ourselves. Why are you unsure? There were no other RS clio (of the same shape) available in Capsicum so it would have had a respray-easy to spot. There is a plaque/sticker on the inside of the drivers door frame and of course the number plaque on the seat-easily swopped and the reason I always wanted numbers linked to reg in the owners register.

Reaction score
If you can get the VIN/chassis number I can see if it comes up on Renault's database as a Trophy.

I've run the reg on various sites I use and its coming up as a 2005 Clio 2.0 in Red first register 26/10/2005 which means most likely it is a late model 182 i.e. a Trophy.

Cheers

Matt.

Reaction score
I've had the dealer I use check and its not been to Renault for much work so unless its got a service history backed up with invoices I'd be inclined to avoid TBH.

Reaction score
at the risk of sounding harsh all you ever do is post number plates on here for us to check, we are not the dvla :rolleyes:

doing a bit of research your self would be good?? finding out which number T would go along way, then you could check the owners register

Reaction score
Very many thanks for the information about this car.
Apologies to anyone whom my enquiry offended.
I noticed the car listed at SMA Leeds where it was described as black. SMA said that the car had been entered into their system remotely by JCT600 and that they couldn't comment on the contradiction of a black Trophy.
So I went to look at the car yesterday during the auction. It looked like an authentic Trophy. A quick scrabble as the car made its way to the podium revealed number 422 and a service book with about nine stamps.
So I bought it.
Essentially it's a one owner car with 90000 miles and an apparently good service history.
I once got excited about an R26.R for auction at SMA but upon mentioning it on the Megane Sport forum learned that the car had been badly crashed at the 'ring and subsequently rebuilt at the owner's expense without being recorded.
Hence I learned something about the car, on the forum, which I doubt I could have learned anywhere else and which prevented me from making what I believe would have been a serious mistake.