Reaction score
What's an 05 Trophy with 70000 miles going to be worth in 12m time?

Warranties with a £2500 claim limit that cover the dampers are available for about £250 per annum for cars with FSH and undergo scheduled services.

Also seems that private sales appear to be similar prices achieved by dealers on like for like cars.

Reaction score
I think the big problem with values is that a lot of Renault dealers sold these with the friends and family discount scheme-thingy (not entirely sure what it was called) but I seem to recall they were available new for around £10.5 or £11k.

For example look at Puma Racings. Made in similar numbers, £21k list price new, good ones now dropped to around £6k, ropier ones around £4k.

A 70,000 mile Clio Trophy next year? If the economy continues like it is now, I would expect around £4500. Dont say it wont happen, cars too rare, etc. I have heard that soooo many times.

What is the life span on the dampers and whats the replacement cost?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lifespan; variable, though the recommended mileage before refurbishment was high.
Replacement cost; Approx £1500 each, you would be daft to do this as..................
Refurbishment; From £150 each

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5975

The dampers would not be an issue for me if i was buying a Trophy as long as they looked ok, same as any other used car.

Reaction score
1998 DC2 UK Integra Type R still fetching £6500 on average. I find Clio Trophys and 182 in general as reliable as Hondas and I sell a lot of both.

Reaction score
wishbone said:
For example look at Puma Racings. Made in similar numbers, £21k list price new, good ones now dropped to around £6k, ropier ones around £4k.

For a 8yr old car, thats pretty good going imo. They seem to have stabilised at around 6-7k at the moment. The only ones that were 4k have been cat C or cat D. Saying that the ones going for 6/7k arn't top notch condition. I reckon a minter could still get around 9k

Reaction score
wishbone said:
I think the big problem with values is that a lot of Renault dealers sold these with the friends and family discount scheme-thingy (not entirely sure what it was called) but I seem to recall they were available new for around £10.5 or £11k.

£15400 was the guide price when new, £12400 is the cheapest i know of one going for with all the discounts & FF.

So much for £10.5 :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's horses for courses really but remember at the end of the day 'you can't polish a turd' :D :D :lol:

Which ever you buy you can't reduce the miles it's done, only get the dents & paint fixed.

Exhausts are on there way out, standard brakes are crap, some people don't get warranty items fixed the list goes on!

As i am finding what do i replace it with, there are comparable cars just they cost 4 times as much!

Not many £20+K cars will live with a trophy driven hard down a b road.

Reaction score
£11700 was the cheapest invoice I have seen, average £13500 new invoice prices. Up to a year old with low mileage they were still selling up to £12995 on average. The prices have always firmed up around the time of good Evo magazine and Autocar publicity. Some regular good PR is going to be useful hereon in.

Reaction score
I was offered one of the last ones available at 11k on friends and family. I wasn't really in the market for one at the time, but <6 months later I bought mine for £11.5k - 15 months old with 2 owners (demo + first owner)! :roll: Wish I'd been able to do the deal on a new one, but never mind.

Oh and in terms of future values I really don't think there are enough people who know / understand / care what a Trophy is to make them really hold up in value, sadly.

Reaction score
Like its said above an appearance in Evo every year would be useful....

In

Best front driver....
Best Hot Hatch.....
Or every time a new hot Clio comes out and is compared against it.

There are alot of 'legend' must own cars that have been built in higher numbers. I'm a sucker for them all.