Reaction score
Wow.
that guy is uber biased.
...Wonder what he's going to buy next if the 182 is the best thing to grace the earth :p

Ajr

Reaction score
Hi i'm trying to sell a cup with recaros in it so what i'm going to do is spout some incorrect statistics, show everyone how bad the fuel economy is and then hurl abuse at owners of a superior model in the hope that someone will pay £1500 too much for my car.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
he's trying to sell his car for as much as possible, so is trying to put people off other advertised cars by any means necessary.

He obviously knows the shocks are refurbable as he mentions it but still only states a fictitious amount for the cost of new shock. The actual cost is £1440 not £1200 btw.

Reaction score
An alarming number of cars for sale these days seem to come complete with "Breaks" (Unstressed in this case). He doesn't specify what exactly is broken but I suspect that 5th gear may be out of order if the best it can manage is 36mpg. Mine rarely falls below 40mpg over a tank and 28mpg average would indicate abuse. Still a nice car at the end of the day though and if you are trying to sell somthing then you are always going to try and big it up. Still not worth Trophy money though and will probably continue to drop in value whereas the T's are (Hopefully) levelling off.

Reaction score
yes but inferno orange is the worst colour on the 182..THATS WHY THEY SOLD SO FEW !!!
meatllic marmalade would be a better name for that colour...

Reaction score
That's what happens you try selling a £6500 car for £8000, you start to make up reasons why they shouldn't buy any other car, but without any real conviction in to why yours is so good, as nice as it may be (not my thing) why pay more for an orange car with no real classic status, when for less you could get a red one with everything he mentions (refurb'd dampers etc) that has some classic car status potential :wink:

Chris

Reaction score
^^^ exactly.

You get 40mpg Alexi :shock: thats impressive! I manage around 36, thats normal driving with a bit of spirited thrown in :)

Cue said:
The actual cost is £1440 not £1200 btw.
Phew, thats a relief!! :D

Reaction score
lets have some fun with this guy and send him some ridiculous questions about the car, after all he started it :D

Reaction score
son of solo said:
yes but inferno orange is the worst colour on the 182..THATS WHY THEY SOLD SO FEW !!!
meatllic marmalade would be a better name for that colour...

EVO (Which the seller references) Car Of The Year 2004 featured a 182 in metallic marmalade. "It's in a horrid colour" was one of their observations. It still placed joint second though.

Sam_K said:
^^^ exactly.

You get 40mpg Alexi :shock: thats impressive! I manage around 36, thats normal driving with a bit of spirited thrown in :)

My drive to work involves 20 miles each way of 60mph, 5th gear, V Power fuelled driving and I don't really use the car for supermarket trips etc. so it has an easy life. Maybe I'm taking it too soft on her. Going on a road trip soon so maybe my average will drop due to the spirited driving/twisty Scottish roads/camping equipment combination. 36mpg is still bloody good for a true average =D>

Reaction score
my mums ford KA is one of only one in the uk with optional 8inch hole 17cm above the front right wheel caused by trailer. £7500 no offers.