G

To use 100% full throttle, do you have to press the horrible button thing at the end of the pedal's travel down, or will resting the throttle against it suffice for maximum accelerative force?

I can't work out if there's a difference with it pressed or not...

Reaction score
Hi David

An old one this, but I'm glad you've brought it up because some of the newbies might not know...

The 'click' at the end of the throttle travel is actually a button to deactivate or override the speed limiter, you will have 100% throttle opening without depressing this button but it's a sure way of knowing you've dropped the hammer if you've got thick soled shoes on etc.

A very fun little experiment you can do with this is to set your speed limiter to 40, drop down into second gear, get up to 40mph (do it in safety on a de-restricted road, obviously) holding the throttle against the stop (switch not depressed) then just click the switch for an instant and urgent burst of acceleration. It's even more fun when you're being tailgated by a diesel Passat in a 40 zone and the speed limit ends.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Hi David

An old one this, but I'm glad you've brought it up because some of the newbies might not know...

The 'click' at the end of the throttle travel is actually a button to deactivate or override the speed limiter, you will have 100% throttle opening without depressing this button but it's a sure way of knowing you've dropped the hammer if you've got thick soled shoes on etc.

A very fun little experiment you can do with this is to set your speed limiter to 40, drop down into second gear, get up to 40mph (do it in safety on a de-restricted road, obviously) holding the throttle against the stop (switch not depressed) then just click the switch for an instant and urgent burst of acceleration. It's even more fun when you're being tailgated by a diesel Passat in a 40 zone and the speed limit ends.

very useful info...i was unsure myself as David was...i'll give it a go :D

G

Steve said:
Superb! Thanks very much for the info, Steve. :D

Reaction score
As per Steve's note... the button is there to de-activate cruise control / speed limiter.

The speed limiter, in my opinion, is the best thing since sliced bread! Every car manufacturer should take note of this feature as it overcomes the shortfalls of cruise control and adds an element of safety and comfort.

I will really miss it :(

O.

G

Yeah, I have to say I've been using the speed limiter thing quite a bit too. For some odd reason the cruise control doesn't work when the fuel light is on (and mine usually is), but the limiter still does. Limiter it is, then. :)

Reaction score
David87 said:
cruise control doesn't work when the fuel light is on

Now there's something I didn't know! Need to add this to the Trophy Secrets thread, have you read this, incidentally?

Reaction score
Nice one!!!

Cruise also doesn't work at low speeds (can't remember the exact speed at which it is disabled) but limiter always works :)

O.

G

Steve said:
David87 said:
cruise control doesn't work when the fuel light is on

Now there's something I didn't know! Need to add this to the Trophy Secrets thread, have you read this, incidentally?
No, haven't read it, but thought the other day 'Oh bugger, my cruise control has broken' when it refused to work. Re-fuelled the car, all was well. Drove some more, light came back on, cruise control packed its bags again.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
never used cruise control and didn't know about the speed limiter, will have to have a read about now

Reaction score
Good info - I had no idea - though it was just a design fault :oops:

G

Lol! I've never tried using it over about 85mph. :lol:

My theory of it not working with the fuel light is wrong, however. My fuel light was on last night and cruise control still worked. Hmmmmmmmmmm...