Reaction score
lots of people are running 15's with semi slick's i.e. R888's, but anyone tried full slicks yet?

just something i have been thinking about today after a trackday yesterday!

if so, where can you buy slicks? looked on google with not much luck!

Reaction score
Stick with R888's, it's a cut slick.

Slicks on anything other than dry surface is asking for trouble.

For insurance purposes you also may not be covered.

Also i can get r888 x 4 for £250ish.

Reaction score
Also i can get r888 x 4 for £250ish.[/quote]

thats bloody reasonable, where?

Day

Reaction score
Cant remember if Nik tried out the michelin ex cup racer slicks he once had.

G

Bear in mind that full slicks would put a fair amount of extra strain on the car, but they'd be awesome in the dry. Kind of scary in anything else, though. :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
neal runs full slicks in his 182cup..... i personally think to run slicks you'll need a roll cage and because of the higher G forces converting the engine to a dry sump might not be a bad idea.

Reaction score
Under MSA rules slicks move you into a class where a roll cage is mandatory. They do generate a lot more grip, so dry sumping could well be necessary, as would much stiffer suspension - after look how stiff the race cars are.

Reaction score
Full Slick are the way to go lots more :D per miles :D as for dry sumps not need the Clio cup cars don't use them so why would you need to I have dun around 8 or more track day on full slick ex Clio cup ones and have not had anything go wrong. I am now running on GDI new coilovers which have been set up to be stiffer because of running full slick and when I change the top mounts to the solid one the old Renault ones was well worn as in 4mm of movement so they will need changing more often your brake will need change to full on race pads as they take I lot more stick too but I can see more pros than cons for running them I am looking in to a full cage as when slick let go they let go in a big way and they can bite in and next thing you now your rolling over and over just one thing to think about the next thing is the price the ones I've been running on are all part worn Clio cup one which could be had for £80 a set but not no more your looking at £120 to £150 a tyre that said they do last a lot better than the R888's