Reaction score
Having just stepped out of an R27 into a Trophy i was wondering how many miles you guys were getting out of a tank? I seem to be averaging 31mpg on the daily commute, a fair bit more than the R27 at around 26mpg but that also had a bigger tank, so couldn't get my head round the maths!! :oops:
I pressume the tank is 45 litres? Think my R27 was 55 litres.
Cheers in advance
Chris.

CMR

Reaction score
Get about 300 miles to 45 litres, could get 350 if i tried.. but I wouldnt of bought a trophy if i wanted to potter around.

The 197's are notorious for their MPG compared to the 172/182, my friend has a 197 and coming back from cheshire he averaged 29, I averaged 34.* same speeds.
Big difference!

CMR

Reaction score
I should of put my driving is 90% A and B roads + towns, hardly ever motorways.

On motorway journeys I imagine near 40 wouldnt be too hard to achieve. Amazing for a 2.0, my old 1.3 turbo used to average 25 mpg :lol:

Reaction score
last two weeks I been driving a bit like a grandad and I am currently on course for 390 miles for this tank avg about 39 mpg. I travel 15 miles each way to work each week day on pretty twisty roads (4th and 5th) .

Normally though I average about 35-36 mpg

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Do you all run it until the light comes on? I've heard the light comes on pretty much as the car runs dry so I don't leave it that late. Normally I tend to get around 270 from a tank.

Haven't driven the T in over 3 weeks due to other commitments, need to use her over the weekend as its booked in for an MOT Monday.

Reaction score
I normally average around 36-37 on my 14 mile each way trip to work and that is all 4th 5th gear b-road. I zero it every time i fill up and usually get around 370miles to a tank, but like renaultsport said i never let the light come on (i dont know why?)

Reaction score
I used to average about 32mpg driving the car everyday. Normal driving with a bit of hooning would still easily see me over 300 miles per tank, but when I really tried I got about 390 I think. The tank is 10.3 gallons as far as I remember. Very efficient for the type of car it is.

The 197's are probably worse for fuel because they have more bhp/litre and also they are also lugging round about 150kg more weight than a Trophy.

P.s. when the light comes on you have about 40 miles left of normal driving so I always used to let the light come on and then some :lol:

Reaction score
Cheers guys.....i thought it would be around that. :D

I didn't buy it for the economy, but its a nice bonus that it drinks less than my R27.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
45 litre tank - 10 gallons or there abouts. so easy to work out mpg. use the trip computer to get the mpg readout or if you dont trust that then another click has the fuel used in gallons, use this plus the miles driven since last fill up to derive a fairly accurate estimation of mpg and how many miles to fill up - don't rely on the trip computers prediction! it lies.

Reaction score
The orange lamp for the fuel level is there merely for the purpose of informing the driver he/she has achieved maximum power to weight ratio. :D

P.s. I seem to somehow manage 31/32 mpg on average.

Reaction score
I filled mine when the petrol light was on and got 47ltrs iirc.
Most ive got from 1 full tank was approx 347mile, mainly motorway miles, and the trip comp said i had 45 miles left. No idea how i managed it?, but i did. Suppose its nearly correct, 47ltrs is approx 10.3 gallon, 33.2mpg x 10.3gallon = 341.9.
Think on the trip back i was getting approx 39mpg.
Trip comp says 33.2 at the moment, :lol: , you just know thats wrong when your just driving driving door to door.