Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok latest silly question about a T....
Ive read somewhere,,, dont know exactly where, that the Trophy needs to be run on Shell V power or similar higher octane petrol. Is this correct.??

PS im still lurking, reading and inwardly digesting all things "T".....:up:

Reaction score
There is a sticker on the inside of the fuel cap that iirc says 98Ron Recommanded yes the spelling mistake is meant! I think all ClioSport cars have this.

My car runs pretty poorly on anything but super, but it has the RS Tuner map on it which gives it much better cold starting & higher rev limiter.

I run all my cars on super , have done for years as the price difference is negligible but when you strip an engine down the additives in super keep the ports and valves much cleaner.

Reaction score
Yeah, its got a sticker that says 98RON. Car seems to idle better with it IMO, plus as above mine has a performance map on it as well.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers chaps.
So does the "map" make much of a difference.?
And is it as simple as a chip change or is it a specific map.?

Ive had both on my previous / other cars and the specific live map was the best.

Reaction score
I can't say tbh, as I only find that mine had a map on it when I went to RSTuning RR day. The Prev owner never told me.

Most of are a generic map you load on. Live map will always be best tbh.

Either way mine made 179bhp with a decat-back exhaust and the map, after 95k miles too.

Reaction score
I run mine on whatever is cheapest/closest to where i need to fill up. Makes absolutely sod all difference, despite the 'high octane remap'.

Mine got 175bhp, with V6 airbox, BTB exhaust & aircon delete. At 181k miles :p

The M3 gets VPower, as if it doesnt, its a grumpy sod.