Reaction score
I've resently aquired a clio trophy No. 131 the last coupe of times i have been out as I reverse off of the drive there is a slight clonking noise a bit like a drive shaft also when cornering on bumpy roundabouts the front seems to rattle. I have spoke with K-Tec about there bolt in top mounts what do people think of these and having to drill the top mount. Also thinking long term about upgrades I don't want anything to look different under the bonnet so thought may be a different air filter and K-Tecs matched inlet manifold and possibly a remap. I don't want reduce the appeal of hte car if I came to sell it so would any of these mods be looked down on. Thanks Clive

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome! Have you registered yours in the owners register?

Try a quick search about top mounts, you will find a few topics about it. There are some that you can fit that don't require drilling the car so they can be removed without leaving holes.

Solid top mounts will make the car harsher to drive on the road. I would think before drilling as you may hate them.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
To add, clocking noises from the from are kinda normal on the 172/182. Depends if yours are driving you mad or not.

Rattle from the from on bumps isn't normal... Have you had your fron dampers services yet?

Reaction score
No not had the shocks serviced only had the car a couple of months and got a trackday booked for may. Have registered the car already.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
carman said:
No not had the shocks serviced only had the car a couple of months and got a trackday booked for may. Have registered the car already.

Register yourself as now owning it on this thread and we'll change you to Trophy Owner status and give you your 3rd star!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3992