Reaction score
Hi all now i know this has been covered many times before however i have a query that as far as i can see no one has asked.

Now im getting the front dampers refurbished middle of May, im currently running standard springs but im looking into the rears.

Im unhappy with how the Trophy likes to lift on the rear, its hard to explain but i find i would like the rear to be harder. So i have been looking into dampers and springs and whats available and i had looked into a anti-roll bar for the rear but atm whiteline don't have any available.
Now as far as im aware koni only does dampers that are 25% stiffer than o/e and i know the Trophy when first produced was suppose to have dampers that were 15% stiffer than o/e so standard dampers are very much similar on top of that i know koni dampers have a tendency to corrode rather quickly has anyone had any experience with running the rear koni dampers?

I have started to look into other options I emailed avo as they do there rear dampers that match the koni ones in spec but do seem to run slightly shorter so should match a lower set of springs such as mark fish springs, i was hoping that they would be able to do me a re-valved version for half the price of the koni's from mark fish but they only do the one type. They did however come up with another option this being a adjustable ride hight and adjustable damper coil-over for the rear with a 1.9" i/d coil spring so similar to the ast's really for £150+vat each, this sounds to me more like what im after as i must say my Trophy does sit rather high on the rear, so im really after a second opinion on this as im wondering if i run a coil-over rear only set up am i going to regret this rather than staying with the spring and damper set up.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be ideal

Reaction score
If you want the rear dampers stiffer one option you mentioned are the Mark Fish re-valed konis. There was recently a group buy over on cliosport.net for whiteline rear antirollbars, but the lead time is 12 weeks iirc. The latter will be my favoured option with standard setup, they way I'm going.

One thing that I have been told regarding the coilover (combined damper and spring) setup on the rear is that the mounting points for the rear dampers is not that strong. How much of an issue this would be I don't know. I'd speak to Matt at TDF regarding this.

I'd try speaking to BG motorsport aswell they were really helpfull with refurbishing the fronts for me and might be able to revalve rear dampers to what you need?

Reaction score
Yer i did see the group buy on the whiteline anti-roll bar but the one thing i don't like like about that is the drop links use a bush and i think i saw a picture a while back with the lower bush looking like its starting to split, i believe it was on sir-dave's T but i may be wrong hence why i prefer the other group by on CS with the rose joint this eliminates this issue only thing is i dont think those are available atm.

I will have a chat with BG im sure they can help and iv got all day on the 16th to waste while they strip my dampers so im sure a chit chat wont be any harm.

Its one thing i did wonder about the strength of the mounting points for dampers however seeing that ast and h&r use that type of set up on the rear coil-overs it kind of made me think it would be ok, i will have a browse see what i find. I guess the main worry i have is i didn't really want to mix and match between adjustable ride hight coil-over on rear and fixed front damper and spring set up and the only option is the koni re-valved i may give mark fish a call and see what they suggest.

Just out of curiosity has anyone got the re-valved rear dampers and what do they think of them?