Reaction score
It may just be me being worried or the road angle or something, but i seem to feel my front n/s bounces more than the o/s on flat full road width speed bumps where i can feel both rebound at the same time more or less, and there is a little knocking noise every now and then,
i know the knocking noise is possibly a drop link or something, but not sure if there could be an issue with the suspension maybe?
anyone any wiser hopefully?
Thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Always feel this with mine, put it down to how I park (against a wall).

Could also be your tyres as found with mine they move quite a lot when rocking the car.

Reaction score
I had a knock front nearside, and it didn't track straight under very hard braking - a month later the shock was dead. Refurbed then all was ok. Sounds like you might be heading the same way. :-(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Same with me.

My near side damper felt like it wasn't the same as the offside going over speed bumps, it felt a little softer. Also gave a soft nocking sound. Handling wise it still loaded up similarly, but under braking it tried to pull to the side. I kept on checking for stiffness on each side but they were quite similar. A couple of weeks later I turned into a corner and got epic understeer. Got home checked each side, one was solid as a rock the other side bounced like a pogostick. Refurb time.

Go and give each side of the car a good push on top of the dampers and see if there is a difference between the sides.

Remember its not the end of the world, and its an easy job to take the dampers off if you have the tools, time and a place.

Fingers crossed that its nothing, but be prepared for a little bit of down time. :(

Reaction score
It's really difficult to guage any difference by pushing on top of the dampers. Best way is to have the door open and for you to stand on the doorsill and rock the car, or push the car up from the top of the door frame on each side. With this you can clearly see the difference in bounce. When I first bought my car I had similar symptoms; soft on the n/s and knocking, when going around bend on a country road the car would wobble a bit. Turned out the n/s damper was shot and had it replaced under warrently.

Reaction score
Some good tips i'm working half day tomorrow so ill have a look, it started squeaking today on steering at maneuvering speeds and i noticed its a but noisier on that side on bumps and can feel vibration on bumpy corners from it too, hopefully its a bush or something, i was planning on a refurb anyway just don't have the spare cash at minute :(

Reaction score
definitely gone has the NS shock, spoke to a guy at my local Renault garage and he tried telling me he can replace it with a new part for £140 fitted, i said to him is that definitely the right part, and he said yes i put in the reg and we know as much if not more than you about it and its the right part!
don't believe him somehow

Reaction score
Any issues with dampers, ask dealer to 'untick' the Cup packed option when searching under reg. number. Obiously everything else is as per Cup spec. :)

Reaction score
Not too bothered that he got the price wrong, i hate how someone who works for Renault is so ignorant about it, like talking to a wall when i went in and its just a case of computer says so, no effort or customer service put in, i actually asked if they could service the suspension because its a service and repair garage, and it went in one ear out the other.