Reaction score
I know this topic has been touched upon many times...Just want a quick opinion. Looking to replace my front discs with Brembo HC and greenstuff pads. I use the car for road use only.
Is anyone using this set up...any advice and/or opinions please?

Reaction score
I dont rate greenstuff at all, but i havent tried them on the Trophy

Reaction score
Ferodo DS2500s seem to be a popular choice (I have them and rate them) as are Pagid Blues (RS4-2).

Reaction score
My mate bought a 182 in 2006 with Greenstuff front and rear pads. After one trip to South Wales and hard driving they turned white and crumbled.

Obviously they were not fresh, but nor were they the colour of baking powder before the drive.

Go for Mintex 1144s or Ferodo DS2500s with Brembo HC or grooved discs. I'm currently looking into AP four pots (price etc) for the 182 so I'll keep you - and everyone else - posted.

Rex

Reaction score
Hi, I had Pagid RS4-2 (Blue) Pads, Brembo HC Max discs, Dot 5 fluid and Goodridge hoses fitted a few months ago and the set up works superbly. This little lot cost about £420 quid but the car feels ready to track if i ever get round to it. if you're only going to use the car on the road then The Ferodo DS2500/Brembo HC combination seems pretty popular and would save a few pennies. A few owners have mentioned that Green Stuff are not great.

Reaction score
Alexei said:
Hi, I had Pagid RS4-2 (Blue) Pads, Brembo HC Max discs, Dot 5 fluid and Goodridge hoses fitted a few months ago and the set up works superbly. This little lot cost about £420 quid but the car feels ready to track if i ever get round to it. if you're only going to use the car on the road then The Ferodo DS2500/Brembo HC combination seems pretty popular and would save a few pennies. A few owners have mentioned that Green Stuff are not great.

I was gonna go for a similar setup but without brake ducts I think you will still suffer from brake fade eventually I went for the Jam Sport 4 pot setup as detailed in the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7673

:D

Reaction score
Cheers for the responses...Think i'll opt for the Ferodo DS2500s :D

Reaction score
I've not used the greenstuff pads but I think for road use only the DS2500 are not as great as you might think. I took mine off as I often found the first time I really needed to stop quickly there was not enough heat in the pads. Back in Dorset on the country roads they are great but I had a few moments where I came to a roundabout at the end of a long dual-carriageway and there was nothing there! Something to be aware of.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i didn't rate them - had them on mine for 6 months and they disappeared, but i did 3 track days on them....

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Anyone had any success with Mintex pads on the road?

I ran the M1144 compound and I really didn't rate them. They were fine for fast road use, although the performance was only marginally better than the OE pads and they were very noisey, but on track they would start to lose performance very quickly and in the end they started 'grumbling' and you could feel that all was not well through the brake pedal, so you'd end up having to back off.

I've run the DS2500 for a while now and find them to be an excellent all round pad. Good performance, quiet and they don't produce outrageous amounts of dust. They can handle track days as well, but they will fade towards the end of a session...If I did more track days, then I may opt for the DS3000, but for fast road and occasional track days the DS2500 are a really good choice. I've never had an issue with them when they're cold, but I guess as my daily commute starts with some stop start town driving, they get enough heat into them before I hit the B roads.