Reaction score
trophy176 said:
I am 24 so hopefully 2 years time 26 and insurance will be in and around 1300 pounds.

Plus I ll be earning more by then in my profession so wont hurt as bad in the pocket department.

Only thing which puts me off evo is the service costs, heard it must be serviced every 3000 miles!!

think they are every 4,500 miles for servicing! But its alot :lol:

Reaction score
Hoping my insurance will drop this year as had licence 3 years, no points and no claims. Touch wood.

If i could afford and was not so greedy for speed I d keep the trophy for ever. For the performance it offers it is by far the cheapest fast car available.

Back to the main thred of this topic 200 trophy - has anyone fitted a maxogen induction?

I have replacement filter in at mo but was considering one of these mod's?

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Hoping my insurance will drop this year as had licence 3 years, no points and no claims. Touch wood.

If i could afford and was not so greedy for speed I d keep the trophy for ever. For the performance it offers it is by far the cheapest fast car available.

Back to the main thred of this topic 200 trophy - has anyone fitted a maxogen induction?

not too sure on the itg maxogen. Think i remember someone saying they are only worthwhile if you are going very far with the car i.e. tb's/turbo and get it properly mapped with the omex.

the simota i have is very good.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:

There are a few owners on here with them (do a search with ITG Maxogen and you'll find them) but I think the general consensus is they're worthwhile with a freer flowing exhaust/de-cat and (the important bit) a custom re-map that compensates for the extra air available by increasing the fueling at high revs.

They sound nice too. :lol:

Reaction score
When people talk about extracting more power from 182's theres always something i've wondered - why hasnt anyone used the megane 225 engine and 6-speed box? If the box wont fit then surely attaching the turbo and other bits would be possible?

Or is it just not possible due to space constraints in the engine bay? Or has it been done and i'm just not browsing ClioSport regularly enough ;)

Reaction score
Good question, I don't believe anyone has done it. No reason why it wouldn't fit, it's a 2 litre 4 cylinder and the turbo can always be situated differently for better packaging.

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
When people talk about extracting more power from 182's theres always something i've wondered - why hasnt anyone used the megane 225 engine and 6-speed box? If the box wont fit then surely attaching the turbo and other bits would be possible?

Or is it just not possible due to space constraints in the engine bay? Or has it been done and i'm just not browsing ClioSport regularly enough ;)

Don't turbo engines have lower compression ratios? So not possible to just bolt on kit to a normally aspirated engine. Or maybe that's old hat.

Tegs are good middle ground between Trophy and FQ320 :) I'm enjoying getting into them and regularly thinking how much effort/money I spent on cars at Matt's age to go nowhere near as fast.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool Hand Luke said:

I've thought about doing this if #274 ever needs a new engine, not sure with Reno's but with BMW's up until the latest models all engines would fit all cars - I contemplated putting a M5's engine in the E46 about 2 years back.

Reaction score
I ve always thought to myself why not put the 225 engine into a clio? Surely Renault must have considered it; I remember looking at a Megane Trophy and thinking the engine did not look any bigger than my 172 engine.

With the new clio they must be able to fit, Clio Turbo 230 F6 B5D2!!!!!!!

Or stick the 2.0 litre in a Twingo!!

Reaction score
Supremo said:
I've thought about doing this if #274 ever needs a new engine, not sure with Reno's but with BMW's up until the latest models all engines would fit all cars - I contemplated putting a M5's engine in the E46 about 2 years back.

Great idea, it might make the M3 a bit nose heavy though, did you know the new 4 litre V8 in the E92 M3 (that produces an RS4 matching 414bhp) weighs less than the outgoing 3.2 straight six? Now, that's progress, well done BMW. That would be a seriously tasty engine to drop into something lightweight, it sounds awesome and revs to 8000+.

Back on topic; An engine swap might be better than trying to turbocharge the F4R, you have to uprate so many components that it ends up costing more than a Megane 225 lump. You can easily get 250bhp and similar torque from that engine, think how fast it would make even a 197. It would be great to stick it in a 172 Cup though and keep it all standard with the hidden tailpipe, a real supercar slayer. Unless it's raining.

Reaction score
172 Cup supercar slayer sounds awesome.

Just got this months French car mag some company called shedmotorsport or doing a well cool exhaust plus big brake conversion.

Another company called Devil Torque have just set up to do ecu remaps too.

Lots of new companies coming on the scene to help us tinker the clio to perfection.

G

You can get the M5's V10 into the E90 3 Series (ClioTrophy.co.uk now has a resident BMW anorak on board :lol:), so I imagine that would mad. The M5 is plenty fast enough as it is! :D

But on the subject of Renaults, I'm sure I read in Autocar (or similar) that they're going to stick the Megane 230 engine (and LSD!) into the Clio in a couple of years' time. 8) Quite how reliable that is, though, is anyone's guess!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
David87 said:
You can get the M5's V10 into the E90 3 Series (ClioTrophy.co.uk now has a resident BMW anorak on board :lol:), so I imagine that would mad. The M5 is plenty fast enough as it is! :D

But on the subject of Renaults, I'm sure I read in Autocar (or similar) that they're going to stick the Megane 230 engine (and LSD!) into the Clio in a couple of years' time. 8) Quite how reliable that is, though, is anyone's guess!

putting it into an E36 would be best - bit nose heavy but the V8 out of the new M3 would be better for this, wow that'd be a 200mph+ beast.

Reaction score
David87 said:

Hartge were offering a 5.0 litre conversion when the E36 was around and used the M5's V8 in the E46 coupe, saloon and compact, so its something they have been doing for years - they would be awesome cars but i think the price puts a lot of people off.

Hartge also offered the H50 (or H1) which was essentially a tuned version of the M5 V8 engine, producing 450bhp shoehorned into a one series - admittedly the car itself is not to everyones taste but no one would deny that would be the fastest of the bunch. But £70,000 for a one series!? Check out the impressive spec below...

http://www.birds.uk.com/parts-database/ ... 870500.pdf

Guess thats my BMW roots coming through again ;)

Reaction score
Wasn't it slower around Bedford than the Trophy when they tested it? I think the huge heavy lump up front really screwed the handling.

Reaction score
David87 said:

The M5 has a primarily aluminium front end to compensate for the weight of the V10 while a stock E90 doesn't. This combined with the weight of the V10 will probably provide for some 'intersting' handling characteristics!

Reaction score
That V10 is horrible anyway, I was overtaken by a new M5 recently and it sounded like a big hairdryer. That same day a V8 M5 (My favourite BMW) took off from the lights and did a left turn, it sounded amazing and the owner didn't have to dial up the horsepower using the iDrive.

The new V8 would be my choice, not much heavier than the 130i's straight six and double the output! Now that would be one fast hatchback.

Reaction score
I must say, I really miss the character of my BMW 6. Nothing zings to the red-line like a M54 :(

O.