Reaction score
Saw this on Pistonheads and remembered this thread so thought i'd post the link

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/185154.htm

That would be a very quick car - but what a price :shock:

Kevin Bird Garages seem to be selling off a lot of Hartge cars at the moment - possibly from his/their own collection? E30, E36, E36 M3 track car, and a new H3 (335i) with 381bhp! all on Pistonheads at the moment.

Reaction score
power

i got my car RR standard and it made 188bhp and 156lb/ft. put a filter, decat and remap and it only made 192bhp and 165lb/ft

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Re: power

r14pur said:
i got my car RR standard and it made 188bhp and 156lb/ft. put a filter, decat and remap and it only made 192bhp and 165lb/ft

was it re-tested on the same rolling road? different rr's can produce different figures.

Regarding the hartge; these aren't much quicker than the M3. They carry a fair bit of weight in them from memory. I think about 0.2 to 62, top speed has the M3 licked, until the new one comes out that is.

Reaction score
Back to the real topic, the maxogen is the best induction solution of them all. (I had an ITG panel filter before). It makes a real noticable difference (no not in sound). The car is much more urgent. My first engine mod was the orbisoud and re-map with panel filter which just made more noise than anything. Then a few days later I went for the maxogen and it made a huge difference in torque and pulled harder. Filled the torque curve and smoothed it all out. Maybe because it was in conjunction with the exhaust and re-map but I didn't go for a second re-map with the IK. I agree with MattX2C that an IK makes a big difference.

Secondly I don't think 200 bhp is that easy. I've always thought you'd need an individual throttle body set-up to achieve 200-205.

Reaction score
Re: power

r14pur said:

do you know what rr that was on? a few rr's over read!

mine was measured on a dyno dynamics which are the industry standard rr's and are the most accurate (obviously all cars differ tho)

it went on with exhaust, decat, induction kit, custom cold air feed and matched inlet manifold and made 174bhp

then got a custom remap on same rr and same day and only made 180.5bhp (although it was 5 degrees hotter by this time)

this proves that on my car 182-200bhp is very hard :lol: