Reaction score
Wheels are as new, lovingly polished even on the inside. Tyres are 60% worn Kumho V70A soft - the only make available in the correct size. Warning, they are brilliant in the wet, but not in standing water (only have 4mm tread when new)- also being soft they pick up every little bit of grit and gravel and so are not sensible for everyday use.

Collect from SE Devon or Newbury. Only for sale as a complete set - please PM with realistic offers

Reaction score
Have taken a flier and bought a 2005 very low mileage DC5 - totally un-modified. Obviously lots of grunt, but will take a lot of work to get the chassis up to Trophy standards - most of the aftermarket suspension is stupidly stiff for road or the hills and the dampers are very poorly valved. Can buy better dampers (probably Ohlins, but it is hard to get coil overs which will take a soft enough spring). Very hard to assess yet as the o.e tyres are totally gripless (even though RE040 - they don't get as far as squealing - just let go!) and I have checked the geometry which although not ideal was well within tolerances. Am busy calculating the size of camber adjusting bolt, so that I can raid the stores!

Haven't sold the Trophy, so please may I keep my stars for now!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
as long as you keep the trophy, yes ;). for all the research help you've done you may even get honorary status... lol

Reaction score
Cue, always glad to add my twopennyworth if it can be of any help.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah you still have it, i got the impression that were going to do trade. I'll be taking you up on that offer some time as well :wink:

Am tempted by the wheels but.............let me know if you want to get them on CS.

Reaction score
George K said:
Have taken a flier and bought a 2005 very low mileage DC5 - totally un-modified. Obviously lots of grunt, but will take a lot of work to get the chassis up to Trophy standards - most of the aftermarket suspension is stupidly stiff for road or the hills and the dampers are very poorly valved. Can buy better dampers (probably Ohlins, but it is hard to get coil overs which will take a soft enough spring). Very hard to assess yet as the o.e tyres are totally gripless (even though RE040 - they don't get as far as squealing - just let go!) and I have checked the geometry which although not ideal was well within tolerances. Am busy calculating the size of camber adjusting bolt, so that I can raid the stores!

Haven't sold the Trophy, so please may I keep my stars for now!

Nice move :D

Eibach springs soften the DC5 up compared to the OEM springs imo.
They certainly did on my old one. There are LOTS of supension options out there buddy, just a case of finding something that suits you.

If you haven't already get signed up on www.itr-dc5.com

Enjoy the car & GLWTS

Reaction score
Space Monkey. Thanks for your good wishes. I have now had a good trawl over it and the rear suspension is a tad strange with an angled RLWB pick-up, at least it was easy to do the toes front and rear. Just need to order some suitable aircraft spec bolts to adjust the camber.

Have heard other similar commetns re the Eibachs - the problem is that the only adjustable dampers for threstandard set-up seem to be Konis for the Acura RSX-S - need to check if they will fit. Most of the coil overs are not suitable - Ohlins may be the only answer.

Reaction score
Is your car the facelift? I know there is less available for those for some reason :(

Reaction score
Yes it is facelift - front springs are wound different directions eaxh side - eibach and spoon do cover.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
why would that be? surely it would make no difference which way the spring is wound? maybe from a pressure perspective on the dampers and top mounts when going for major negative camber?