Reaction score
The best laid plans etc ...... This almost happened last year when I expected to return to live in Switzerland, but it didn’t work out then. Now with the situation here at work not going in the right direction I have to face facts and sell.

316/500

55 Reg September 2005

37888 miles (as at 20th April 2010)

The car is completely standard except CF Splitter, Wiper Stalk mod, iPod connector to standard cd/radio.

I am second owner. I bought the car in Nov 2007 with just over 16000 miles on the clock.

Under warranty, Top mounts and Brakes replaced (before I owned it) and bonnet catch recall has been done.

MOT was done mid Sept 2009. To pass it needed only rear brake pads (standard pads).

The car has been serviced at 12, 24 and 33,000 miles. The last two were done by Rentech, Portsmouth. Both Aux and Cam belts done at 33,000 miles and the ARB bushes were also replaced at the same time.

The engine management light would start flashing after prolonged period of idling. This was diagnosed as a fault with the temperature sensor and associated wiring loom which was replaced by SMC Renault, Weybridge in January 2010.

There are 2 new PE2’s and there is a brand new Trophy Turini spare wheel with a half used PE2.

The car has been polished/sealed with Auto-Glym every 6 months under my ownership. The wheels have all been refurbished and are all sealed to make cleaning easier.

Plus points
1)Tax until end October 2010
2)MOT until September 2010
3)As mentioned both belts changed by Rentech, Portsmouth in April 2009 at 33000 miles.
4)Wheel alignment by Plans Motorsport in Dunsfold, Surrey on 17th October 2009.
5)As mentioned spare Trophy Turini
6)No HPI

Minus points:
1)Driver’s seat tilts but won’t slide. Rentech looked at this at last service and concluded the ‘guide’ for the cable was broken and that this would be costly to repair. I have not bothered as I hardly ever use the back and access on passenger side is easy.
2)A few stone chips and a couple of minor scratches.
3)Dampers not refurbished, but show no signs of needing it yet.
4)Although not many miles done since last service 1 year ago, another service is probably due now. I would do one if I wasn’t selling.

I am looking for £5950 ono.

I have tried to give a fair and realistic price in view of the 4 minus points above. I openly admit this car is not perfect, but still looks and drives beautifully. To me this has been a driver’s car, not a piece of jewellery.

I would prefer for the car to go to a good home and to someone enthusiastic who will look after it. That is why I am advertising here only for the time being.

Will post photos up as soon as I can.

Nick (07545-394514)

Jay

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having to sell up. Never nice to see this.

My only comment would be that seems cheap mate. Would have thought more towards £6.5k +

Good luck with the sell and hope your luck improves buddy.

Reaction score
Thanks Jay,

It is cheap, but think it's about right as I'm taking into account the few minus points. compared with Drew who sold his recently think it's about right, but for someone willing to accept that a few things need attention they are getting a fantastic car for a good price. I just hope that the buyer will be a true enthusiast who understands what a Trophy is.

Nick

Reaction score
I've got some photos of the car in a link to my mobile me account. Anyone interested to have a look send me a pm with their email address and I'll send them the link with username and password.

None of the photos are recent so I'll get some new ones done latest by this weekend.

There are also some photos and information about the car in the register under 316.

Nick