Reaction score
Silly question:

When putting someone/something in the back seat, my drivers seat flips forwards and slides forward, whereas my passenger seat only flips, i.e. doesn't slide.

Is this normal, or is the passenger seat defective?

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
Silly question:

When putting someone/something in the back seat, my drivers seat flips forwards and slides forward, whereas my passenger seat only flips, i.e. doesn't slide.

Is this normal, or is the passenger seat defective?

Mine is the other way round . Drivers just tilts and doesnt slide :?

amm

Reaction score
mine both slide and tilt if i was you i would take it to the dealer

Reaction score
Push really hard and I am sure it will move forward.

O.

Reaction score
Oh no. . . .

Another common problem!

It's all to do with the cables in the works of the chair! My passenger seat started doing this a while back so i started to investigate! The cable had come out of a casing it needs to be in to give it tension. It lookes exactly the same as a brake cable on a push bike. It took some real effort to get it back in, and i got a few grazed knuckles in the process!!!

Mines been fine since.

Have a look and im sure you'll soon see what i mean. But if you can't get it back in just leave it for the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Wigstar1

Reaction score
yep mines the other way around...only the passenger comes forward
dont think its anything to do with the cables though ...sitting in the seat ,if you look down to where the sub frame bolts down at the front next to the gear stick to can see a small black plastic tab cliped into the running track,i think this small tab stops it sliding...i thought it was meant to be like this to stop people getting in the back via the drivers door which is obiviosly road side..a bit like those people carriers that have the sliding door at the back on the passenger side only..
this answer makes the most sence to me....
sure you could remove it no problem and have both seats doing the same thing...

Reaction score
my drivers one doesn't tilt since it went in for renault to repair and the passenger one now tilts and doesn't slide (also since it went to renault to repair the drivers side).

since then i havent been back and have just grown used to it. need to find a decent :shock: dealer who might actually fix it

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
both of mine tilt n' slide. only you need to pull the lever up to put them back. ie they slide back but dont flip back.

bloody french cars

Reaction score
Both should tilt/slide, but there's a knack to it. In c. 10000 miles, there's only been one person in the back anyway, so I'm prolly not the ultimate authority on this...

Reaction score
Mine both used to both tilt and slide until the dealer fixed a rattle on the passenger side about 4 months ago. Strange thing was that after this work it stopped sliding when tilting however the rattle had gone. I phoned dealer and they said they will rectify it during first service no doubt making the rattle reapear as a result.

Reaction score
T23PHY said:
pacey said:
Good luck :(

hmmm, hence why it's still as it is :?

Go and see Raymond at Renault London West. I am more than sure he will sort it out for you; very impressive service.

O.

Reaction score
I had the same issues with my Drivers side recaro. Thing would tilt but not slide. Took it back to Renault, and they had to order a cable. replaced it, (under warranty) and now alll works great.