Reaction score
My auntie and uncle came down yesterday for some easter dinner and my uncle was saying how nice the trophy looked how shiny it was :lol:

My cousin has a focus ST 07/57 totally standard. Bought it brand new - ......... well my uncle was going on about that he is wanting to sell it to buy a van/diesel car as he's wanting to get a house.

Now the tempting part! :roll: the price he wants for a quick sale £8k!!! he bought it really cheap brand new as one of his mates works for ford. The cars only done around 20k but the body work has a few dents (car park) and scratches.

Looking on piston heads they seem to hold there money rather well.

Has anybody had the experience of one

Reaction score
I havent owned one but ive drove my mates, 300bhp. Its is very rapid in any gear, i put my foot down in 4th and it was like 2nd in the Trophy, like i said though its 300bhp. Handling didnt feel all that but i didnt drive it very far or hard around the corners for fear of the wheels spinning up. Found it a very big car, almost like i was driving a bus. And the pillars were in my way all the time.
He said his last set of tyres only lasted 6000 mile. He recons its really cheap to service.
He did say the Trophy would have it anyday on a track.

Personally i wouldnt have one due to how big it felt, but at 8k i think you might be getting a bargin.

Reaction score
I went in the wolf project car, ST 330 when it had not been out long and I didnt get a chance to feel the true power due to the rain. However in gear it just pulled and pulled.

Been in a friends ST with a remap and miltek and that really did shift!!!

I dont think you could go wrong in having a change to an ST with it being turbo'd which gives you the chance of modifications but personally I wouldnt get one when you could get a MK1 Focus RS!! Which is the same fun as a trophy yet with a Turbo and brembo brakes.

Elliott.

Reaction score
Thats what I'm debating at the mo you see. Around the lakes/cumbria the trophy is top of the class! but sometimes when on longer journeys its a pain!

Our mrs has a lupo gti so there is still a fun factor car in the family if I sell the T.

Its just for £8k ST3 seems a right bargain! all the others are going a few grand more!

I used to own a LCR and loved the power but driving it was sometimes boring. Which makes me think that the ST will be the same!

Again the Mk1 RS I would still love one, as my mate had one when they first came out. But for around £8k you get one with slightly higher mileage.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I used to own an LCR225 and I used to miss my 172 Cup so much, as soon as my dad started to think about selling the T I instantly wanted to sell the LCR and buy the T. Since then, other cars haven't really compared to the fun factor of the T.

Just got back from a weekend in Wales and the T was great fun through all the lanes!

Think carefully before selling, you may regret the fun factor of the T!

Reaction score
My meg 225 was seriously quick in a straight line, but that was about it, like a ST. Trophy was miles more smiles :wink: but depends what you want/need from a car

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
roystinho said:
My meg 225 was seriously quick in a straight line, but that was about it, like a ST. Trophy was miles more smiles :wink: but depends what you want/need from a car

And lets face it, going in a straight line aint fun! :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The ST's are quite nice and the chassis, in all fairness, ain't all that bad. Handles quite well, although not as nimble as the Trophy of course! If you're thinking of going down the serious mod'ing route they can become very expensive to run... more so fuel than anything from what I've seen with my mates' modded ST's.

G

Hi pal i had an electric orange one it was very fast.one of the best cars i have driven.handling not as good as the trophy and most suffer from watery oil ouch be carefull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers grant

Reaction score
My little bro bought a brand new st3 in oct last year and had it mountune'd at 1000miles it is light years ahead of a Trophy for both refinement and pace. Yes it's not as nimble as a trophy but for on the limit stability it's totally sure footed and planted.

Reaction score
I had one between trophies! nice car for long distances (touring) hated the stearing and found it like a bus in size!!
the power is nice when it there but lag and intrusive esp made it a little dull. if you do short journeys on good roads and like 30mpg stick with the trophy. for longer jouneys 18-24 mpg try the focus its a good price. if it damp or the roads twisty then trophy will keep up with on all day long. 0-60 nothing in it after 100 you will love the focus.

Reaction score
I guess when you throw it around the Traction Control kicks in and spoils the fun?? my LCR did and was forever turning it off as soon as I got in it.