Reaction score
seen all the pics of the floods in the middlands and was wondering if anyones trophy got damaged...
it bearly rained in newcastle...bit windy but thats all..

Reaction score
artdealer said:
All these flood damaged cars are going to be turning up in the next few weeks and months, it's a menace.

They'll all be write-offs though (assuming insurance claims have been made....) so should be easily spotted with a HPI surely?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Was going to ask how to spot these, not that i'm in the market but are there any handy tips on how to spot these for people who are? Apart from the mushrooms growing on the back seat anyway.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Audrey 286 said:
Mine was fine in Leicester. Don't know about Trophys, but that's my mates 182 in Sheffield.
The dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree when he drove her back home.

Chriss182flooded25june2007.jpg

the waters not high enough in this pic to damage the electrics - another 1/2 foot though and he's looking at a ex car.

Reaction score
I once had to drive my Trophy through a flood about as deep as in the picture (this time last year infact) when a river burst its banks near my house......fact is I didn't realise it was so deep, was a bit nervous by no damage done, and no water got inside!

Reaction score
me and my mate had to help a guy in new Golf Gti last week, the muppet thought he'd be clever and follow a landrover (fitted with snorkel!) through serious bit of flood water

5 hours later, still not a sign of it starting so his mate dragged it backwards through a bumper high flood to get home.
that thing must be screwed!!

Trophy safe and sound on high ground :)

Reaction score
fazedesign said:
artdealer said:
All these flood damaged cars are going to be turning up in the next few weeks and months, it's a menace.

They'll all be write-offs though (assuming insurance claims have been made....) so should be easily spotted with a HPI surely?

I think there's going to be a lot of 'repairables' that are going to have remnants of this kicking around. The insuarnce companies aren't going to write everything off.

Don't forget, not all cars are insured through insurers as we know them. Many companies are self-insured so will take the route of least cost.

But hopefully, most will just be written off and we can forget about them.

Reaction score
What you want is one of those big camo jeeps thats behind the 182 in the pic - you could even get some ramps and drive your car onto the back of it to keep it out of the water :lol:

Reaction score
Just make sure you buy a car that hasn't left London... no flood here.. yet... *goes to touch wood*... ;)

O.

Reaction score
If it floods in London the world will grind to a halt, there will be riots and we'll all have to hide our Trophies in our Garages

Reaction score
Surprised Newcastle didn't have rain, Middlesbrough has had about 6 days of constant rainfall and we're only down the road :roll:

Day

Reaction score
Some of you guys need to move!

Taken 5 minutes ago...

south.jpg

Reaction score
Simon Penketh said:
I once had to drive my Trophy through a flood about as deep as in the picture (this time last year infact) when a river burst its banks near my house......fact is I didn't realise it was so deep, was a bit nervous by no damage done, and no water got inside!

exactly the same, i drove through a puddle in the trophy which was about as deep as that (not that i realised this at the time) and no damage was done and no water got inside at all!