Flat Battery - Head Unit Issue?

Reaction score
Not on my Trophy fortunately, but the head unit is the same so I thought I'd test the collective wisdom here!

Been looking after my mates 03 plate 1.2 (mk2, ph2) while she's been away on holiday but the battery has gone flat...

We've jumped started the car and got a bit of charge back into the battery, but the radio will not turn off (ie, car is running but pressing the power button on the radio doesn't turn it off). She's also mentioned that the radio has played up before.

Looking at the wiring diagram for the car, it seems as if the radio has a permenant 12v feed from the battery, and gets a signal from the ignition switch to turn the unit on/off when starting/stopping the car so it is conceivable that the unit could be powered up with the ignition off if there is a fault in the unit. Does anyone know if this is a known problem with the stock cd/radio unit or have any other suggestions what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd say its a fault with the radio - back to reno job. plus get 'em to look at the altenator if the battery's uncharging when on - or it could be she doesn't drive far....