Reaction score
Hi all,

Have just purchased an RS192 Decat (£55 delivered!) which I'll be fitting soon. Have a Miltek catback also and the k-tec fault reader which I'll no doubt need!

Question is... do I need some sort of fitting kit or should the original bolts/sprints/gasket be OK? Do I need exhaust paste for either join as I know you don't usually use exhaust paste on the manifold.

Hope this'll stay < 95db :?

Cheers

Reaction score
I have also got a rs192 decat on my owtherwise standard system, it was easy enough to fit and you can use the existing nuts and bolts, i didnt use paste, just make sure the bolts are extremley tight.
ed

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
It's quite an easy task to do. I used to change mine on the drive by jacking one side at the front and crawling underneath it. Took about an hour to change it for MOT time etc. Not fun if MOT is during the winter months though! I would put some paste on it if you have some, you don't want to go through the trouble of fitting it to find you have a leak and need to take it off again. #-o

I had one fitted to my Janspeed and it made it a bit louder, more rasper sound I would say and lots of pops and bangs when cold :)

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
I would put some paste on it if you have some, you don't want to go through the trouble of fitting it to find you have a leak and need to take it off again. #-o

On the side attaching to the manifold also? :?:

Reaction score
You shouldn't need paste if the seal and the flanges are in good condition. It'll only crumble and come off anyway. Save it for rusty bangers trying to get an MOT.. Don't do the bolts up too tight ass they'll snap when you come to try to take it off for an MOT. Exhaust bolts always corrode more than anything else.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Rick C196 said:
Renaultsport said:
I would put some paste on it if you have some, you don't want to go through the trouble of fitting it to find you have a leak and need to take it off again. #-o

On the side attaching to the manifold also? :?:

No, I only put some around where it joins the center section. I found the clamp sometimes leaked there so I thought a bit of paste wouldn't hurt.