Reaction score
Im not sure if its a straight swap but i do believe you loose the air bag in some cases, or should i say you cant prove the air bag works so......

Reaction score
There's a massive thread on cliosport somewhere about it, it's basically a straight physical fit but its all the the airbag stuff that needs altered. The plugs etc are different, in theory you can obviously connect them together somehow/modify the plugs but unless you crash, which is not reccomended, you never know for sure if the airbag will fire. I thought about doing it on my Trophy but i'm not even sure if the 197 wheel is any smaller diameter which is the main issue with the 182 wheel imo, its like driving a bus!
Russ

Reaction score
its both smaller and fatter, and feels so much better overall...although its a much lighter grey than the 182 interior
im sure it it was a simple swap everyone would be doing it.

Reaction score
the horn connects straight in... the cruise control needs modification but it's easy to identify between the old wheel and new what the coloured cables transfer to so you can merely re-solder them to get all of that lot working.

with regard to the airbag, a tiny mod is made and the cable plugs in (I havent explained that well but struggling to put it into words!). no warning lights and the clip sees no issue with it but as already mentioned it's unknown (as no-one has crashed a 182 with 197 wheel) if the airbag will fire.

wheel is slightly smaller, an inch or so i think when myself and a mate were comparing his 182 one.

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, see the wheel on your LY and looks really good. Was it a lucky ebay/breakers find or did you shell big money at the stealers? Theres a brand new wheel minus airbag on the bay for £150 or so but obviously the airbag still needs bought from somewhere.
Russ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
M3 Y RT said:
Thanks for the clarification, see the wheel on your LY and looks really good. Was it a lucky ebay/breakers find or did you shell big money at the stealers? Theres a brand new wheel minus airbag on the bay for £150 or so but obviously the airbag still needs bought from somewhere.
Russ
If it was the one i saw he is charging extra for the centre trim as well.

Reaction score
cit-ren offered me a wheel for £75, and an airbag for £125... no discount for buying as a pair... i believe a new airbag is £165 from a dealer if you want the peace of mind of a new one...

i got a good find from a seller on ebay, did a deal of ebay so got it at a good price :)