Fitted new front brakes with pics.

Reaction score
Finally managed to get round to putting up some pics of my new front setup. Looked through pratically every single post on the net about RS front brakes and decided to get the Brembo Max's coupled with DS2500's.

I've fitted brakes before to my old Golf MK4 and a Alfa GTV so thought the Trophy wouldn't be too much of a problem - and it wasn't. Went as expected and better yet after 500 miles so far of bedding in, there are still no signs of squeling, etc.

Before:

DSC00035.jpg

New Disc to go on:

DSC00036.jpg

New Disc on:

DSC00037.jpg

New Disc on with DS2500's and carrier:

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

Was basically a 2 hour job for 2 guys. I wouldn't say this was particularly hard and would recommend people to have a go at it, as it's possibly worth saving the money if you've got the right tools and an inkling of what your doing.

Reaction score
Cheers for taking those photo's and the info mate, that's exactly the combo of brakes and pads I want so would be interested in your thoughts after they have bedded in.

Have to admit though, probably lacking both the tools and the technical knowledge to do it myself (thoough would be well keen to have a go!) so might leave it to the pro's when I do them.

Where did you buy the pads and discs - good price?

Glen

Reaction score
Yeah was planning to do the lines as most have suggested, but that is one thing I haven't done before!

They've bedded in fairly nicely I think. I haven't done too much hard braking, but on the odd occasion when the red light has popped up unexpectedly, they do perform well and there is definately no fade. Wish I gave those dampers a good cleaning - but it was Boxing Day afterall!

Reaction score
Oh forgot to add I got the setup from Yozza and think they came in under £200 iirc. They have been sitting in my study for quite a while though!

Reaction score
They look good. Once I have got my pads, I may think about doing them myself - I changed pads on my *cough* ka *cough* :oops: and that wasn't too bad. I thought that ds2500s required filing when fitting - did you not find this?

Reaction score
Yeah i read that somewhere too - and something about removing the metal shims? But I introduced them into their new home and they seemed to fit quite well.

One thing I did forget to mention earlier - my old pads we're absolutely sh*gged. A corner of the pad fell off when I took them out! They we're in such a state i'm glad they came off when they did!

Reaction score
No I didn't - thinking I should perhaps change them now. Anyone recommend any fluid?

Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question, but how many litres do I need to do the front's?

Also how easy is it to do, and will I need any special tools?

Reaction score
hon_bris said:
This may sound like a silly question, but how many litres do I need to do the front's?

Also how easy is it to do, and will I need any special tools?
No good just changing the fronts you need to change it all at the same time around 1 litres