Reaction score
Picked it up last week, and finally managed to give a clean this weekend. Although it looks uber clean, the paintwork has a fair ammount of swirls, and although I have clayed the car, it is still like sandpaper in some areas!. Perhaps a more aggressive 'clay' required? Anyway.....

DCP_4408.gif

DCP_4424.gif

DCP_4424.gif

DCP_4425.gif

DCP_4433.gif

DCP_4429.gif

I really do like the car, but its to bloody quiet!!!

My previous car was a Racing Puma, and although it wasn't stupidly loud, the Clio is almost silent in comparison! :(

S4M

Reaction score
Fantastic car there mate :) How are you finding it after coming from a R Puma ? I used to own W47 LAP

Sam

Reaction score
nice, I was mad on Racing Pumas' before looking at the 182s so would be interested in a comparision too.

I must be one of a few who really like the standard exhaust but admit it could be a little louder when pushed.

:)

Reaction score
I do like the Clio, but I don't quite love it yet, it doesn't feel as special as the FRP, but it is a far superior car (the Clio).

I'd say it generally handles just as good - in real world driving - , and gives much more feedback through the wheel, but having both cars charge onto a roundabout at 60, the Puma would exit so much faster as you really could take epic amounts of speed into corners without any drama.

Apart from that, the only let down with the Clio is the brakes, which seem utterly useless. I had 2 other people in the car, went to stop at a junction and really had to wonder why we wern't slowing down!, then I remembered I wasnt in the Puma :lol: The brakes in the Puma really were awsome, its only now I can appreciate how damn good they were, although the were somewhat problematic and could get costly

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
lookin good. Where you live? them roads look pretty bad, got any teeth left ? :)

I uprated the breaks straight away, yeah 'utterly useless' is a good way to describe them. The Mintex I put on are better than the standards but not by much.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
that looks minty fresh, good effort mate.welcome to the forum

S4M

Reaction score
I would get yours looked at then mate. I agree the FRP brakes are fantastic and i had them at there best (Had pumabuild recon them for me) But the clio setup is far from crap ! More than good enough for such a little car. Going to be upgrading to the brembo/ferrodo set up soon :)

Sam

Reaction score
Hi and welcome !, the pics look stunning - great scenery - and your car looks absolutely mint :D . You must be over the moon with it. If you post against the car number in the owners register then you will get your third star. Also, just noticed your location S-O-A, I am in Nuneaton so you must be the nearest Trophy owner to me.

Can't help but to comment on the brakes too, after the 197 I had before the brakes are adequate for road use but lack initial bite. When I drive the missus's mk 3 1.6 Clio Dynamic I nearly send us both through the windshield #-o

Reaction score
tommobot said:
Although it looks uber clean, the paintwork has a fair ammount of swirls, and although I have clayed the car, it is still like sandpaper in some areas!. Perhaps a more aggressive 'clay' required? (

Hi Tommobot,

You'll never manage to remove swirls from the paintwork using a clay bar; a polish will be required.

It's hard work removing swirls by hand though. Having your car machine polished is your best bet.

Hoz.

Reaction score
Hozcat said:
tommobot said:
Although it looks uber clean, the paintwork has a fair ammount of swirls, and although I have clayed the car, it is still like sandpaper in some areas!. Perhaps a more aggressive 'clay' required? (

Hi Tommobot,

You'll never manage to remove swirls from the paintwork using a clay bar; a polish will be required.

It's hard work removing swirls by hand though. Having your car machine polished is your best bet.

Hoz.

Haha, cheers mate. Well aware of that, just re-read what I can see how you thought I meant that. Got a few new bits and bobs, and weather permitting I shall be attacking it with the PC this weekend. Cant belive how rough the paintwork is around the boot. Its like 200grit sandpaper! I'll have to give that area another claying' before I PC I think. The rest of the car is in pretty good condition, apart from the swirling.

Reaction score
Your car looks good mate. I work in Stratford so I'll keep an eye out for your Trophy. I picked mine up last Friday. :D

Reaction score
Lovely photos nice to see pictures off the driveway and on roads the Trophy is meant for :D