First drive

Reaction score
Just been out for my first real drive (no motorways and traffic!). A bit underwelmed when planting my right foot and wandering what the fuss was all about. Then got off the straights and on to the twisty bits. Wow, now I understand! Previously owned a mk1 clio v6, I think I prefer the Trophy. It would certainly leave a v6 trailing unless you are a very brave (or mad) driver. Very surprised and impressed. Great fun. Shame it will be put away for the rest of the winter!
When looking to buy the right car, I have never known any car be so much in demand (and I have previously bought a 3 door sierra RS cosworth). Demand seems to be higher than supply at the moment. Good news if you own one. not so good if your looking at the moment. I found myself checking in on the site every hour for trophy's coming up for sale and still found myself being second on the list for viewing any. Glad I persisited though. Roll on the spring!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well... it looks like it's made the right initial impression! :) As you've already found out, these cars are not about straight line performance / power. There are far quicker cars out there. But show it some nice twisty roads and/or a sequence of bends and then it will start to shine.

It's strange how the demand for these cars has increased recently. Whilst they've always been fairly desirable (at least in performance French car circles) there has definitely been a marked increase in demand over the last few months. I would expect that those owners with unfettled and unmolested Trophys are rather happy about this! :)

Reaction score
Sharky, 1.30am! Or have you just got in from the night club?
I thought I had posted late and half asleep looking at all my typo's. I took it to work as I have some great country lanes if I go the long route. Even came back that way at 10.30pm and arrived home with adrenalin still pumping, so had to stay up late so as to calm down before trying to sleep!
I was surprised how easy it was to keep fizzing and dancing round the corners. It makes keeping such rapid progress easy and yet I felt perfectly safe and planted to the road. Think I am going to enjoy this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dont worry Sharky ( Andy ) is always a night owl...
Glad it impressed.. Yes it's not got slap you in the face power.. But that's never been a problem .. On the right tyres with well sorted dampers there's nothing to touch it.. You hardly have to lift off anywhere it so confidence inspiring.. Carrying so much corner speed means you kill cars with more grunt easily on the right road..
Tyre pressure is also worth playing with , you can get away with quite low settings 29F and 27R seems to work for me on the PS3 and some guys even lower still...
The winters not really showing what it's potential is.. Wait till nice grippy summer days arrive.. You will always have a rear wheel in the air...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was surprised how easy it was to keep fizzing and dancing round the corners. It makes keeping such rapid progress easy and yet I felt perfectly safe and planted to the road. Think I am going to enjoy this.

I have literally lost 5 minutes on my drive to work since buying the Bimmer, I simply do not feel as in control in a brand new car even in sport mode.

Tyre pressure is also worth playing with , you can get away with quite low settings 29F and 27R seems to work for me on the PS3 and some guys even lower still...

That's very low, I find it a little wollowy(?) at those pressures.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats starting pressure not hot ... Like I said worth playing with.. Depends on the tyre and road your on.. Fine line between wollowy and supple ( Grip ) plus there's a lot to be said for what you are used to giving confidence.. Plus your dampers aren't as good as mine !! Lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Plus your dampers aren't as good as mine !! Lol

Ahhh but I've had my car from brand new!

To be fair those pressures are only one click below mine but I wouldn't go lower. I do like to feel everything from the road and use PS3 with the stiffer side wall.

Reaction score
Thats useful information. Will mess about with lower pressures.
The car is fitted with a k& n filter. I shall return it back to an original filter. Is the original box and filter a standard 182 part?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats useful information. Will mess about with lower pressures.
The car is fitted with a k& n filter. I shall return it back to an original filter. Is the original box and filter a standard 182 part?

Yes std 182 part... You can find them all over eBay from guys stripping for track use ..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sharky, 1.30am! Or have you just got in from the night club?
Dont worry Sharky ( Andy ) is always a night owl...

Haha, Rik knows the score! I am indeed a night owl (alas, sadly too old to be hitting up night clubs these days!) It's very rare I go to sleep before 2-3am in the morning; probably due to becoming accustomed to working stupid hours in a previous job over many years! I seem to get by on 4-5 hours sleep a day thankfully.