Reaction score
I do experience some brake fade on some of the back roads here (fast straights then sharp blind bends).

Ferodo DS2500 pads seem to be popular on this forum but I came across the following (see http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/prod ... lAodrFaCGQ )

<quote>
Please remember these pads are not reg 90 approved and therefore any car made later than 2000 should only use these pads on track!
</quote>

The same site recommends EBC Yellow Stuff as an alternative.

I’m confused – what pads would be suitable (and legal) for road use but give better fade resistance.

Keith

Reaction score
i've heard bad things about EBC red stuff's, not sure about yellow tho.

ds2500's are about mid market for aftermarket pads.

I've got pagid blues and they are awesome. Pagids or performance friction 97's are the best you can get.

Reaction score
Keith Waters said:
I do experience some brake fade on some of the back roads here (fast straights then sharp blind bends).

Ferodo DS2500 pads seem to be popular on this forum but I came across the following (see http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/prod ... lAodrFaCGQ )

<quote>
Please remember these pads are not reg 90 approved and therefore any car made later than 2000 should only use these pads on track!
</quote>

The same site recommends EBC Yellow Stuff as an alternative.

I’m confused – what pads would be suitable (and legal) for road use but give better fade resistance.

Keith

So in the highly unlikely event.........................does anyone know the consequences of being caught not running reg 90 approved pads on't road?

http://www.rdabrakes.com.au/reg90.htm

Reaction score
AFAIK the purpose of reg 90 is to stop the supply of cheap crappy pads that don't work as an equivalent to OE pads.

Basically, it is relevant in consumer protection leglisation only: i.e. places duties on suppliers and manufacturers. As a consumer you don't need to worry about breaching the law, only about buying crappy pads (which we know the ferodos are not).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
my understanding is if it's not reg90 approved then they are deemed not safe for road use as they don't operate correctly at low temps..

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Keith Waters said:
Thanks for the info. fellas. Seems they (the link I gave) were just protecting themselves.

So, I’ll investigate the DS2500’s further. Also, came across this useful table for the Pagids - http://www.carpartsdata.com/htmlpages/techBRP03.htm

looking at that table the RS 19's are the way to go for road/ track use. Not sure if they'll do them for the Clio though.

Don't forget that Mintex and Pagid are exactly the same Brakes.

Reaction score
Not knowing much about this, but surely many of these pads would require different discs - running ceramic-based pads on OE disc? I’m interested in pads that can be used with OE discs but have less fade than OE pads and still give good feel/control on slippy surfaces.

Reaction score
I have just bought Pagid RS15 as having the best coefficient of friction at low temepratures that I coud find - will be fitting shortly, (once the car returns from Angleworks) - again not reg 90 - but as others have said highly unlikely to be an issue. They are ceramic based, should produce a lot less dust than PF97, but apparently will be harder on the disc than standard.

Reaction score
I have experience of DS2500's and I chose them because they have a pretty stable coefficient of friction from 150 to nearly 600 degrees c. I find the cold stopping power fine and when they're warm I think they're great, 60-0mph is amazing. Pagid blues maybe better but about £50 more.

Pretty sure can use DS2500's with standard discs but I don't.

Reaction score
I have the DS2500s on my 182 with the standard discs. They are good, very good. Paid £143 for fitting (inc labour and vat) at demon tweeks, wrexham.